MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally after 2 months my rims are finished. Centers were painted ago red, outter lips were painted Athracite. I also painted the front fender, rear hugger, windscreen with Senna graphics, rear smoke integrated taillight, front smoke lenses. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hot bike!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Excellent choice!!! This is what MV should have done with the wheels from the factory. The non-factory exhaust and tucked license plate are not my cup of tea, and if you asked me (and you did) you really need to loose the windscreen...it is horrible!!! But to each their own...congratulations on the wheels though...

·
Registered
257 Posts
No offence dude, but I don't like it at all.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
spalding12 said:
i think it would be quite hard to match the color of the rims to that seat (which is critical for it to look right)
plus
that SUEDE seat will CHANGE colors as it ages, making the rims look "out of place" over time

cool look, though... but, the original appeals to me more, personally
I think its more important that the shade of red on the wheels matches the frame more than the seat, and it looks like the match is perfect.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
er, no, sorry, not for me, but there again, isn't it a good job we are all
different :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
well imo the rims would have worked better if ONLY the spokes were red. i think the lenses are a nice touch, but the simplicity of the factory scheme has been outrun. it seems to look in between a race scheme and the factory classy/reserved look. the windscreen is a bit much for my tastes, and i don't understand the additional logo on the side fairing.

i'm sure it's not any less of a headturner though. and i'd bet you are happy with it...nothing like having a vision materialize.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Normally, I think painted windscreens, or windscreens with designs on it if faggot. but goddamn does it look good on your bike. WELL FUCKING DONE!!!!!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I know you put your heart into this one ... good for you for that. My opinion? Waaaay too many decals on that bike. I prefer the Senna just the way it is made by the MV artists in Italy.

·
Registered
338 Posts
spalding12 said:
i think it would be quite hard to match the color of the rims to that seat (which is critical for it to look right)
plus
that SUEDE seat will CHANGE colors as it ages, making the rims look "out of place" over time

cool look, though... but, the original appeals to me more, personally
IMO the wheels should be colored coded to the frame and 'S' logo as this represents more of the red color on the bike. Unfortunately the factory fresh redish/orange seat color doesn't match anything and will only get more orange in time. MV used the same color on the Ago and Tamburini. Maybe they realized that a 'truer' red would turn quickly resulting in warranty claims? If I were to change the seat color on the Senna I would probably go with dark charcoal.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
JamesC said:
Perfect application for smoked lenses. I don't prefer the OTT windscreen graphics or the MV logo on the side fairing.

I'm sure you're enjoying riding it!!
I'm NORMALLY not one for clear or smoked lenses , but, I do have the smoked rear light in my "R", it looks real subtle, quite surprised me! I'm just waiting for the smoked indicators now :stickpoke emoto :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Rims look great!

Way too many stickers on the bike for my taste, though.
Sometimes less is more.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts