What senna looks better?

Votes: 40 52.6%

Votes: 36 47.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
I must admit I used to like the 2002 a bit more because of it's simplicity in colors on the panels, never that crazy about the red wheels though...

but since I have had the 2007, I think it is areally stunning design, and the boldness of the new scheme certainly matches its power and upgraded performance.

LOVE the red Alcantara seat especially.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Well, I may be biased, but the 2002 is much better looking...not to mention, I would feel cheated if I had paid $30K and NO RG3 with the bike??????? to me this was a huge dissapointment...but that is only me...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about that, I had the pictures hosted but my web server wasn't working all night. The photos are back.

I'm partial to the 2002, but I haven't seen the new one in person yet.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I like them both....the new one has grown on me....but the 2002 one was just pure sex. Especially when it was lauched.
I think we all lusted after that bike when it was released, so holds a special place for all of us.

Expections these days on MV are much higher, and we all expect nothing short of sensational for every variant of the F4...with that said the 2007 Senna, as gorgeous as it is, was almost expected.

So let me change my judgement mid type....I think they are possibly equal in asthetics, but the first one will always be the more special bike, simply because of the impoact it had on launch.

And you see those stars wheels on the 2002 bike. Yes all the new wheels are lovely, lighter etc, but that star wheel has to be the best looking"stock" wheel on any motorcycle.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I regret that the 07 doesnt have the star wheels cuz i think they are very cool, but i def like it better than the 02. But really guys, what did you expect me to say?? After a six month blue-balls wait list, do you really think any 07 owner would say he should have bought an 02???

·
Registered
418 Posts
The silver star wheels are gorgeous, which is leaning me 80/20 in favor of the matte 1000S instead of new 1000R. If I can reach terra firma that is, lol.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Obmot said:
The silver star wheels are gorgeous, which is leaning me 80/20 in favor of the matte 1000S instead of new 1000R. If I can reach terra firma that is, lol.
I could trade mine for the ones that come with the F4R :naughty:

I really prefer the black wheels :smoking:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, look at that voting. 11 for 2002, 13 for 2007 at this point.

I really thought the 2007 would be the clear winner just because it has the newer updates that people seem to like (radial brakes, Marchesini wheels, leather seat, hugger, etc).

The 2002 is totally timeless though, and I'm a sucker for gloss black in this case.

Functionally, it's a tough one too. I'm not really a fan of 1000cc 4 cylinder bikes as street or track bikes, but I know MV has really worked a lot of the small issues out with the new bikes... It's so tough.

I'm pretty happy with my plain jane '01 strada still though. It still does it for me every time I look at it. I might be about 1% happier with an '02 senna, and maybe 2% with an AGO.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heh... I have had the MV longer than I've been married so that might be a good test in the end...

Although I don't think I can say stuff like "I'd be 1% happier if she had xxxx" and "2% happier if I met her sister first" or something like that...

D'oh.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
I have seen the 2 bikes side by side @ PI, under the beautiful SoCal sunny day, the 750 was in mint condition also...

like I said, I used to prefer the 2002, but seening them together the 750 just seemed a bit muted, even with the red wheels... the 1000 really looked the part of a 30k bike, yes, it doesn't come with RG3 but it also hasa bunch more hp over the 02.

both great looking, that's just my choice.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I think you need to show a better photo of the original Senna. They designed the 07 to show the gray in any light whereas the original was enigmatic. Most people haven't seen an 02 in the flesh and it's hard to explain just how subtle the beauty is there. The 07 is more obvious and flash.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts