MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a chance to take a close look at a Senna this weekend and compare it to my 1kS bike. There are a LOT of differences beyond what we’ve seen in the magazines. The Senna is a much more refined bike. I don’t know if this refinement also carries over to the R, but I suspect it does since there are not that many differences between those two models. I’ve compiled a short list of some of the things that I saw and can recall from memory now.

1. The engine and transmission cases are now powder coated. On the S, they have the unfinished cast aluminum exterior

2. Fuse holder is smaller, with the fuses more densely packed – and they are all the same size (15A).
3.There is only one injector relay.

4. ECU is about ¼ the size. It’s only 0.5 in. thick vs. 2 in. on the S.

5. ECU now has 2 connectors coming out the top. The S has one, along the side. The new connectors are super-trick, with a very cool lever-cam system that engages and positively locks with feedback. Made by AMP, they are very impressive.

6. There’s a cam rotation sensor.

7. Ignition coils are now integrated into the sparkplug connectors. The whole assembly is fed by a small 2-contuctor low-voltage wire, which routes to a bank of AMP connectors behind the throttle body.

8. Oil fill plug is now metal, with an Allen key socket, rather than the plastic one on the S.

9. The #3 cylinder injection interrupt box is gone. ECU probably controls that function now (just a guess on my part).

My overall impression is that MV has worked pretty hard to improve the F4. It’s clear to me that they looked at a lot of areas, and it shows in how much more refined the machine is.

Alex

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I think there are less differences if you have a 06 S.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Alex, many of the F4 S models came with the Allen key socket oil fill plug. Seems like MV used what ever one they pulled out of the box on the line at the time.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maximum Velocity said:
I think there are less differences if you have a 06 S.
really? i don't know. i doubt that they changed much of anything between the 05 and 06 S.

but i haven't seen them side-by-side so i'm not certain.

·
Registered
257 Posts
pigiolino said:
Is SENNA a F4 1000 R in limited edition?(colour-historic)
Pier
Yes, The Senna is an "R" with other wheels, other Rear shock and a few carbon parts.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pigiolino said:
Is SENNA a F4 1000 R in limited edition?(colour-historic)
Pier
from what i can tell, the R and the Senna are very similar. the senna has a few carbon fiber bits, the red frame, the upgraded rear shock, so on.

but under the plastic, the R & Senna are pratically the same.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
altoon said:
really? i don't know. i doubt that they changed much of anything between the 05 and 06 S.

but i haven't seen them side-by-side so i'm not certain.
Well... I had an 04 and have a 06 now. The mechanic who was working on both pointed lots of changes between the bikes. Couldn't repeat it though...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Such technical changes need a good eye to spot.

Nice find. Senna has been my favourtite MV.

Lucky guys who-ever has it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts