MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help guys. Im looking at buying another bike, dont know which one to go for. The new Senna or Ago. I saw some pictures before of the senna but i didnt like the scheme, though on the emoto site under show bikes the senna is a killer bike but it doesnt come with the extra goodies that the ago comes with. What do you think?? :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
wnehme said:
Need some help guys. Im looking at buying another bike, dont know which one to go for. The new Senna or Ago. I saw some pictures before of the senna but i didnt like the scheme, though on the emoto site under show bikes the senna is a killer bike but it doesnt come with the extra goodies that the ago comes with. What do you think?? :stickpoke
What extras doesn't the Senna come with? I would think it would come with the RG3 pipes, the original did. The Senna comes with radial brakes, an upgrade over the standard brakes, althought he Ago had upgraded calipers. Both should have the same Marchesinis.

All the Agos sold, as far as I know. So if you want new, that narrows it down.

I'd buy the scheme that moves you. I love the Ago, but I don't think it's very special compared to the Senna. The Senna was always my dream bike and still is.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Senna doesnt come with RG3s suprisingly. Spending 50k you would think it would come with them. In queensland Australia theres one more AGO left still in the crate. Im going up on March 10 to have look. But i think i will go senna.

·
Registered
474 Posts
wnehme said:
The Senna doesnt come with RG3s suprisingly. Spending 50k you would think it would come with them. In queensland Australia theres one more AGO left still in the crate. Im going up on March 10 to have look. But i think i will go senna.
:shocker: Graham's already got dibs on that AGO :stickpoke

·
Registered
604 Posts
Both bikes are beautiful and perform better than most of us ride. Since it's your money and your happiness at stake, only you can answer that question. Which bike moves you, makes your heart skip a beat or stop altogether? Which one based on looks will have you up at night wanting to ride instead of sleep? These are just a few of the questions that you should ask yourself, before you take the plunge. The opinions that are given here are sincere, but they belong to us not you. Take your time and figure out what bike will be the best fit for you. In my eyes you can't make a bad decision, both bikes are the stuff road dreams are made of. I hope I didn't come off as an ass, I just want you to make a decision that you will be happy with in two months. Good luck in your decision. Let us know what you come up with and pics when you get it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Oh and by the way.... ddnuts has very neatly summarised what all of us in our own way are trying to say...hell its an MV!!
And whichever you choose... it will reward you in ways you cannot yet appreciate!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Get the Senna, it has the latest updates from MV (radial brakes, i think the mono is the same from the Tambu, etc...).
Although in terms of pure looks i prefer the AGO.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The 'new' R1 has a marginal increase in ps all to be found at the top end if your brave enough, here's a quick snapshot of some acceleration figures and standing qtr mile for the major litre bikes...

0 -60 mph Time and top speed std qtr mile
YZF-R1 3,39sec 10,95 @ 132,64mph
GSX-R1000 3,96sec 11,72 @ 133,21mph
CBR R1000 3,76sec 11,27 @ 136,4mph
ZX-10R 3,47sec 10,90 @ 138,22mph
MV F4 3,51sec 11,22 @ 134,68mph

The MV as you can see is .11 sec up to 100km/h and .27 of a sec slower on the qtr mile.
Beats the MV, sure...but this is track and race figures...on the road, I reckon you would not see the difference, also notice the terminal speed of the MV at the end of the qtr mile, this is where 166 odd hp starts to work!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I'd go for the Senna too. :) So when are you actually getting this Ago Graham? :smoking: Also those performance figures are for the new R1 don't forget the MV hasn't had any motor development for (3) years?

·
Registered
474 Posts
john said:
So when are you actually getting this Ago Graham?
When I go up into the dealership posing as a buyer and make an Offer, and force his hand. :stickpoke Or maybe I should just ring posing as a Collector :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts