MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a 2007 Senna for sale on cycle trader for $22000. Good condition with 4000 miles on it. Seems high. Anyone care to opine? I emailed the guy and he seemed very offended by my "low" offer.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
there is a 2007 Senna for sale on cycle trader for $22000. Good condition with 4000 miles on it. Seems high. Anyone care to opine? I emailed the guy and he seemed very offended by my "low" offer.
When people don't know what they actually have, they typically assume no one else does, either.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know of two very pristine Senna's (both less mileage) that went in the $14K to $15.5K ranges, so for sure he is high in asking price......

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies. You confirmed what I knew so I guess he will have it for a while

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I said it before and I say it again. Maybe it'll take a few times to get in your heads.

Everytime someone asks for a bit of a high price for his/her MV, half of the forum here pounces on the guy with no quarrels about letting the guy know how stupid his price is and hoe ridiculous it is to ask such a price.
With this attitude you are devaluing the brand that you seemingly love and cherish so much. You are devaluing your own bike as well as mine. Just STOP IT!
Stop shooting yourself in the foot, stop lowering the value of MY bike.

I truly hope the guy gets his asking price as it will make all of our bikes worth more!
Ducati, for example, has some models that bring in my opinion stupid high prices. Try to find a clean early bevel drive for les than $30k...or look at the Supermono on ebay bid to over $145k!!
This has brought the value of the entire brand up and everyone who owns a Ducati benefits!

In the end, just like anything, an MV is worth what the seller is willing to take for it and the buyer is willing to pay! In my opinion, the higher that price, the better!

Else, go buy a Suzuki..!!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I said it before and I say it again. Maybe it'll take a few times to get in your heads.

Everytime someone asks for a bit of a high price for his/her MV, half of the forum here pounces on the guy with no quarrels about letting the guy know how stupid his price is and hoe ridiculous it is to ask such a price.
With this attitude you are devaluing the brand that you seemingly love and cherish so much. You are devaluing your own bike as well as mine. Just STOP IT!
Stop shooting yourself in the foot, stop lowering the value of MY bike.

I truly hope the guy gets his asking price as it will make all of our bikes worth more!
Ducati, for example, has some models that bring in my opinion stupid high prices. Try to find a clean early bevel drive for les than $30k...or look at the Supermono on ebay bid to over $145k!!
This has brought the value of the entire brand up and everyone who owns a Ducati benefits!

In the end, just like anything, an MV is worth what the seller is willing to take for it and the buyer is willing to pay! In my opinion, the higher that price, the better!

Else, go buy a Suzuki..!!
Well said, in particular I find Americans guilty of this lowballing effect. I wish these cheapskates that do this would all piss off too

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Well said, in particular I find Americans guilty of this lowballing effect. I wish these cheapskates that do this would all piss off too
Chris, I hope you are not talking about me:bawling:. I only said it seems high:stickpoke

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Chris, I hope you are not talking about me:bawling:. I only said it seems high:stickpoke
No I am not Andrew, in fact not talking about anyone in particular. It is just that special bikes should attract higher prices but there will always be those who try to get prices to drop by quoting the sale on another bike. Each bike is 100% individual, as are the reasons surrounding the sale (from the seller perspective) and there are definite scams about too. As an example if I were to offer to buy your MV, I would make a very realistic offer, taking into account all the love gone into the build as well as the financial investment. It's not just another modded MV, it's certainly among the best (if not the best) non-special model MV anywhere. I guess my comment could be taken personally by some, but it was a generalisation not aimed at anyone in particular. Also be aware different markets will sell the 'same' bike at completely different prices, in general USA is on the lower side but that reflects the population numbers and state of the nation economy in general. I follow my own advice when purchasing...I like to be able to sleep at night

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
I know you were not talking of me my friend. I just wanted to poke a little fun. For me to just sell my bike, it would come at an unreasonable price. And thank you for referring to it as one of the best. That means a lot.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I know you were not talking of me my friend. I just wanted to poke a little fun. For me to just sell my bike, it would come at an unreasonable price. And thank you for referring to it as one of the best. That means a lot.
I respect you too much to just make an offer anyway Andrew, and I'm guessing you will never sell it........but if you do, you know where I am:f4: My original comment was regarding people that make a habit of trying to (legally) steal a bike for a very low price and also taking advantage of the seller's situation, and then telling the world. Those people should bugger off

1 - 20 of 23 Posts