MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know exactly the spec of the new Senna with regards to what everything is made of? i.e fairings, are they carbon or plastic? I have a friend who is trying to work out whether to go for the "R" or the Senna, and maybe we are missing something, but you don't seem to be getting much extra for the £7000 premium here in the UK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,387 Posts
As far as i know and besides some carbon bits and the limited edition "thing", i think the major difference, improvement, is that the Senna's rear shock is the same that came with the Tambu.
I personally don't think it's worth the $$ difference (at least here), unless you buy it more as a collectible item and less as a bike to be ridden.

Edit: Ah, fairings are plastic and there's NO open exhaust (Rg3 or F1) coming with the Senna.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,839 Posts
Isn't that shock worth US$4K or something like it? The fairings are plastic but all the other carbon bits are there and that MV carbon ain't cheap either :ahhh: and certainly looks the goods. A lot has been made about the price difference beteen the two but I think between the above entioned it's really not that much.

If your friend is wanting a more exclusive bike that IMO looks better go with the Senna, that said the R is great value for money...wish I was wrestling with that decision.
 

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
Joined
·
6,135 Posts
Rockethouse said:
Isn't that shock worth US$4K or something like it? The fairings are plastic but all the other carbon bits are there and that MV carbon ain't cheap either :ahhh: and certainly looks the goods. A lot has been made about the price difference beteen the two but I think between the above entioned it's really not that much.

If your friend is wanting a more exclusive bike that IMO looks better go with the Senna, that said the R is great value for money...wish I was wrestling with that decision.
+ 1.
pier



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JamesC said:
Are the senna air tubes all carbon or just covers?
I'm not sure James, theres a big difference in price between £150 of covers and £1200 of MVSP air tubes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
hb88xx said:
I would go for the R as the engine had a evolution! If you go for the senna only for it's exclusivity you need to buy the real thing. Helpmig the kids in brazil!! Else you could paint an R also in senna colours. There are many 750 senna's not genuine.

Hans the Senna and R are the same engine. Or did I misunderstand you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,419 Posts
JamesC said:
Hans the Senna and R are the same engine. Or did I misunderstand you?
Yes you are right both have the new magneti system(Weber Marelli” 5SM ignition - injection integrated system; induction discharge electronic ignition,“Multipoint” electronic injection), I do not know where that came from. Probably as the Senna was way ahead announced before the R. Black out from the dutch heatwave (only 35C!! 95F) for twelve days now.

Another reason for not buying a limited bike to me would be parts. In the past they used a viper specialparts kit for fixing a Senna 750!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,839 Posts
JamesC said:
100% carbon or just carbon covers like the SPR?
100% Carbon is what I was told by the importers...I asked a couple of times to make sure he knew what I was talking about and he was positive it was the air tubes as well as the covers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Guys,

Just copied this out the product guide, looks like they are just the Carbon covers...

The features that distinguish the F4 SENNA are as follows:


1. SENNA graphics
Red frame.
Red Alcantara saddle with F4 logo
New graphics on rev counter
2. Titanium treated surface applied to:
Rear swing arm
Steering plate
Fairing air vents
3. One-piece foot rests


4. Silver plaque on steering head bearing the Senna name and production number
5. The carbon-fibre package includes:
Front mudguard
Ignition switch cover
Right and left airbox panels
Rear chain guard
Lower chain guard
Right and left inlet duct cover
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,839 Posts
Thanks Graham, if that is so that’s very annoying :mad: I won't say who I spoke to at Feeney's about this but I was very specific and made sure he understood what I was asking and he was adament he did. I'm going to ring them again and speak to someone I know up there who I'm sure will be able to give a definitive answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks to me as if the R is the way to go, the wheels are nicer IMHO, and with progress and new models appearing the "limited edition" thing I think soon wears thin, as an example of this when I bought my new 1000 two years ago there was a mint 750 Senna in the shop as well ...............ask yourself this question, "If you had to choose between a 750 Senna or a std 1000S or 1000R for similar money, which would you buy?" I suspect the same senario could happen again in 2/3 years time when MV may have a brand new F6? out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
mikef4uk said:
Looks to me as if the R is the way to go, the wheels are nicer IMHO, and with progress and new models appearing the "limited edition" thing I think soon wears thin, as an example of this when I bought my new 1000 two years ago there was a mint 750 Senna in the shop as well ...............ask yourself this question, "If you had to choose between a 750 Senna or a std 1000S or 1000R for similar money, which would you buy?" I suspect the same senario could happen again in 2/3 years time when MV may have a brand new F6? out.
Strickly based on performance, of course the 1000. However, the 750 Senna is still an increadable, beautiful machine that still commands top dollar based on its 'limited #'s'.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top