MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked at a Senna for sale which did not have the number plaque.
The current owner is the 2nd owner and he said he bought it from the original owner without the plaque...and when asked the original owner doesn't recall receiving it.

I checked to see fi I could order one...but was told by my local dealer...no.

Is this to be considered important regarding resale etc???

I have verified that the bike had never been down...only 187 miles on it.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Yes, since it is a numbered bike, it should have the number on it. Also, the certificate of authenticity. I know the AGO has one, I assume the Senna does as well.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I received a plaque and a certificate of authenticity with my Senna, but they arrived a few weeks after I took delivery of the bike.

·
King of Bling
9,809 Posts
Guy’s.. This is F****G unbelievable.. What a sad state of affairs.. Can MV and its network really be treating their customers with this much contempt???

Is this only happening in Europe?

When I took delivery of my Tamburini, it came with
1)the leather bound carbon fibre authenticity plate,
2)18 Crt Gold Top yoke plaque,
3) Tamburini Cover,
4)MV handle bar grip protection covers,
5)Titanium exhaust link pipe,
6)Extra internal fairing heat shields,
7)Race exhausts and ECU chip,
8) A letter from MV
9)Service booklet and Tamburini owners handbook pack

No way would I have accepted delivery of the bike without the full compliment. The bike would have stayed at the dealership, and the money in my bank account until all were present and correct..

I know its not an ideal situation, but if another member with a Senna can supply you with a good quality image of the Senna plaque, you could get one made up. But you’ll have to know the series number

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
My Tambo came with the plaque with the prior owner's name engarved on it. No way. I called Cagiva and was told they made 300 and that's it. Period. If I could find an engraver who could duplicate the engraving on the backside I'd do it but so far no luck. Supposedly that plaque is solid 18 carat so it'd work. You come up with a solution let me know PLEASE.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
C'mon! This is NOT poor treatment by MV!
This is a USED Senna!

Most likely the Original owner received all he should have from MV, including a plaque with HIS/HER name on it! If I were them, I would have kept it too, and If I were the second or third owner, no way would I want someone else's name on it!

Just go to any decent jeweler with the dimensions and they can make a new plaque, SHEESH!

·
Registered
756 Posts
fazer6 said:
C'mon! This is NOT poor treatment by MV!
This is a USED Senna!

Most likely the Original owner received all he should have from MV, including a plaque with HIS/HER name on it! If I were them, I would have kept it too, and If I were the second or third owner, no way would I want someone else's name on it!

Just go to any decent jeweler with the dimensions and they can make a new plaque, SHEESH!
Mine is a 100% new but still did not come with the tag. I am not sure if the my agent misplaced them or have kept them somewhere but certainly there is none on my bike.

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
mv should have records of all limited models and their numbers
and i presume they would also keep a record of matching engine and chassis numbers with htere plaque numbers so they can be checked against when stolen or damaged and insurance claims so that people claim for the genuine stuff to be replaced for a genuine stuff

otherwise i'd be on the phone saying myy cc rearsets broke can i have a replacement
and then give the mv dealers a bit cash and get my rearsets at 1/2 price

ummmm

naah wouldn't work

·
King of Bling
9,809 Posts
Spr Plaque

As far as I know, only the Tamburini came with enough space on the plaque designed to have the first owners name engraved..

All other factory made specials [ not kits] had the F4 logo, the series batch number and then the model type ID logo.. The oro only had the series batch number

Here is an SPR.. and the Oro

All Tamburini plaques were sent with the bikes to the countries importers, and then it was up to the supplying dealer to engrave the plaque and install it during the PDI..

I think the SPR's, Senna's & Ago's had there plaques fitted at the importer, but you should check this issue with your main dealer..

IMO.. No plaque, no purchase as this will have an affect on the value.. It's like buying a Ducati Foggy Rep or 998R without the COA.. How do you know it's the real deal.. Ducati only produced 203 Foggy reps, but I'm sure there are many more bogus replicas out there..

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
zim32 said:
I just looked at a Senna for sale which did not have the number plaque.
The current owner is the 2nd owner and he said he bought it from the original owner without the plaque...and when asked the original owner doesn't recall receiving it.

I checked to see fi I could order one...but was told by my local dealer...no.

Is this to be considered important regarding resale etc???

I have verified that the bike had never been down...only 187 miles on it.
The Senna was originally shipped from the factory w/o their # plate. When they became available they were first shipped to Cagiva USA, then to the applicable dealer. In between this some bikes were sold w/o their # plate and the selling dealer merely filed them. Has anyone contacted the original selling dealer?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have..they say they have the certificate of authenticity for me..but they never received the plaque..and that MV Augusta will not provide them any more plaques even though they didn't receive a few. I'm comfortable with the certificate...If I purchased a bike with a personalized plaque...I'd probably remove it anyway..

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
When I purchased my Senna, I was given the option of what I wanted engraved on the plaque.... it could've been my name, "limited edition", whatever. To accomodate this option, the plaques had to be made AFTER each bike was purchased. This process took a couple of months. The certificate of authenticity came with the delivery of the plaque, not with the delivery of the bike.

I suppose there may have been some lazy dealers that didn't inform buyers of this option, or perhaps some buyers never went back to the dealers to pick up their plaques. Some buyers may have even sold their bikes before their plaques arrived, explaining some "plaque-less" Sennas out there.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Hello,
I don't know if this was posted already (I admit, I didn't read every reply), BUT, if MV isn't going to provide you with a replacement, whether you have it with the previous owners name, or don't have it at all, you might want to ask Hellcat where he got his replacement done (It looks very nice). http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9012&highlight=18k+gold

Hope this helps, and I wish you luck.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts