MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many on this forum know, I've always loved the Tamburini F4, to me it's a timeless classic and to own one would be a dream come true. :love: I've noticed a few up for sale here in the UK recently and the prices seem to be coming down to around £20k, although there are still a few people who are looking for £30k plus but of course that's up to them. :jsm:

My question is, whilst the Tamburini is a superb limited edition of the standard F41000 with all the lovely carbon bits and the variable inlet tract set up, I can buy a Senna 1000 for the same money which of course has the 1000R motor and the radial front brake set up which the Tambo doesn't have.

I'd welcome your views, I know there are Tambo owners here and of course Senna 1000 owners too, I'm not sure if anyone has both? Mr Burn perhaps, but if anyone does own (or has ridden both types) I would especially like to hear their views. :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Ah!!!

Sorry i just saw this thread now.
But we've talked about it already :)

And i think says it all.

john said:
I've always loved the Tamburini F4, to me it's a timeless classic and to own one would be a dream come true. :love:
So my take is.... just follow your heart :smoking:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tiago old friend, your views are very important to me. Thanks for sharing them by PM. I think you are correct, if I do sell my current bike it will be replaced with a Tamburini. :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Tamburini EVERY time!

Senna is nice, but is NOT a Tamburini.

The radial front brake isn't everything. In fact, you can change to Brembo master cylinder, and clutch assemblies, new steel lines, race pads, and the integrity of Tam is still there with better braking assured. And that is done on the cheap. The mounts and Brembo brakes CAN be done for ~$2K, I imagine.

Sit tight till you are able to get Tam.

Peter

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought the Senna over the Tamborini. 1000cc motor, limited to 300. Everyone has their opinion but go with your gut feeling.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
john said:
Tiago old friend, your views are very important to me. Thanks for sharing them by PM. I think you are correct, if I do sell my current bike it will be replaced with a Tamburini. :)
I trully hope you can find a good one and make your dream come true :) :friday:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My fault, not Tiago's :bandit: I asked his opinion via PM not the other way around. :ahhh: Knowing my liking for the Tamburini he advised me to follow my heart when making such decisions. It's that simple, but I still value the opinions of all the membership here in this matter. :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
tvass said:
You exchange wishes over the forum and opinions through PMs. For that you get a yellow card.
Opinions publish! :cool:
:laughing: :laughing:

They were purely personal opinions, nothing that's worth put on the forum :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
When I ordered my Senna, Tambo was still $10,000 more than the Senna.

if money wasn't an issue, I would pick Tambo.

since the Tambo price have gotten closer to the price of the new Senna, if I was just buying the bike now, I think Tambo would be my choice, because it has loads of CF and mag parts, plus RG3, the variable intake... then save up for a nice radial brake set up.

Tambo is still one of my all time favorite MV, right next to the CC. John my friend, go for it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
odonata said:
When I ordered my Senna, Tambo was still $10,000 more than the Senna.

if money wasn't an issue, I would pick Tambo.

since the Tambo price have gotten closer to the price of the new Senna, if I was just buying the bike now, I think Tambo would be my choice, because it has loads of CF and mag parts, plus RG3, the variable intake... then save up for a nice radial brake set up.

Tambo is still one of my all time favorite MV, right next to the CC. John my friend, go for it.

+1

I share exactly the same feelings, and please note that I luv my Senna :f4:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well i don't have the any of this bike but if you wanna buy, buy the tumburini. Cause if your looking for face bike be sure the tumburii is very fast and it can be faster then senna a lil. don't forget Tumburini has T.S.S. and full carbon and wow looking. I Love 4 Mv bikes Tumburini, Senna, Ago and now the F4C.C. This four bikes are history bikes. So for me buy the Tumburini and after you drive it test the F4 R from a friend and you will Feel whati feel you will think as i think. I'm not saying the R is a bad bike don't get me wrong if you can have the Tumburini get and invite me for a lunch lol joking. anyway hope my message was good for you and i have been a lil helpfule.

john said:
As many on this forum know, I've always loved the Tamburini F4, to me it's a timeless classic and to own one would be a dream come true. :love: I've noticed a few up for sale here in the UK recently and the prices seem to be coming down to around £20k, although there are still a few people who are looking for £30k plus but of course that's up to them. :jsm:

My question is, whilst the Tamburini is a superb limited edition of the standard F41000 with all the lovely carbon bits and the variable inlet tract set up, I can buy a Senna 1000 for the same money which of course has the 1000R motor and the radial front brake set up which the Tambo doesn't have.

I'd welcome your views, I know there are Tambo owners here and of course Senna 1000 owners too, I'm not sure if anyone has both? Mr Burn perhaps, but if anyone does own (or has ridden both types) I would especially like to hear their views. :)

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
For sure the Senna. The whole bike is more sophisticated and especially the colourscheme. I can not imagine there is a significant difference in power output or handling between the two bikes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts