MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For most the answer is simple but in my case I'm still wondering.
The senna is second hand bike only used a couple of times and the owner is selling it because he can´t stand the pain due to the riding position (he needs to loose some weight).
The 312 is the pearl and white that I was planning to buy next year, I love the looks and the sound...but with this offer I might have to antecipate.
I guess this is a personal/emotional choice and being a twin fan I love my two ducs I wonder if the extra $ for the senna is it Worth.
Let me kow your experience with this models in particular considering problems associated!

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I guess the question is whats the price difference between the two.

Remember on teh Senna, its a limited edition only 300 plus you get carbon stuff everywhere. Verses on the 312 you would have to buy it all.

Which paint scheme do you like better?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Aramis,
Earlier this year I was about to order a 312 when my Senna came available, having been just run in at 3,000kms. I had always loved the Senna and the fact that I didn't need to run in a new bike was also appealing to me.

For me, the price was the same...so it was an easier decision.

Good luck, you are going to love either one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
senna !!! absolutely a beautiful piece of art!!! :mouthwate

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dova80 said:
I guess the question is whats the price difference between the two.

Remember on teh Senna, its a limited edition only 300 plus you get carbon stuff everywhere. Verses on the 312 you would have to buy it all.

Which paint scheme do you like better?
I´m trying to negociate a 6.000,00 usd discount from the original price, in Europe the model is over 46.000,00 usd.
The 312 can cost me 30.500,00 usd so we´re talking a 10.000,00 difference...

Besides that I never liked the black color scheme but the senna is extremly beautiful live.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
ARAMIS said:
I´m trying to negociate a 6.000,00 usd discount from the original price, in Europe the model is over 46.000,00 usd.

Besides that I never liked the black color scheme but the senna is extremly beautiful live.
Look at it this way if both were side by side, which one would you be more drawn to?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
ARAMIS said:

It's a shame. You could get a Very nice used Senna for $24K USD if you were in the US. I don't suppose you'd be interested in shipping a bike would you?
http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12261

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
If I had to pay $10,000 extra for a preloved Senna...I would choose the new 312R.

The 312 will give you the advantage of advanced engine technology and lighter wheels. You can buy a lot of CF for $10,000.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
312R coz its cheaper and its brand new. THis coming from a Senna owner. The senna does have the better suspension though.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it wasn´t this the time to finally get the MV because I ended up buying a Benelli Tornado from another person "low mile/very nice price" and this is going to be my track bike.
As for MV I´ll wait for the end of production of the R312 and use my monster as a trade, that will complete my dream bikes: Ducati 999, MV F4 312 and Benelli Tornado, meanwhile I hope you don´t mind that I participate on this forum.
If you care to watch how this bike screams..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVjWTmPOSIU

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Im in Europe and the MV 312 is still very expensive, I got a good deal when I bought new the 999, and also this time with the Benelli which by the way is the first time that I buy a used bike (almost half the regular price).
Hopefully I´ll be getting a good deal when I get the MV 312 White (new)and in this case I have a Monster S2R to help the deal, but I´ll be talking in late 2008.
I guess then my TRICOLORE dream it will be realised (GREEN BENELLI/WHITE MV/RED DUCATI).
For the moment I love to ride my 999 and the Tornado is a scream on the track (Love the sound when it´s over the 8rpm).
Only complaint find so far with the Benelli it´s hard to get the NEUTRAL position.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
ARAMIS said:
Well it wasn´t this the time to finally get the MV because I ended up buying a Benelli Tornado from another person "low mile/very nice price" and this is going to be my track bike.
As for MV I´ll wait for the end of production of the R312 and use my monster as a trade, that will complete my dream bikes: Ducati 999, MV F4 312 and Benelli Tornado, meanwhile I hope you don´t mind that I participate on this forum.
If you care to watch how this bike screams..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVjWTmPOSIU
Sounds great....Tornado looks so old fashion already, and so BIG !!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
The Senna is a lovely machine, no question. However, value for money, the 312 has got too be better! Uprated internals plus a faster bike. Its funny, I was talking abot this exact same thing with a dealer. He even said that the 312 was the better bike for the money and now especially as there are some cracking deals around. The Senna is the limited edition machine, but you don't exactly see loads of people riding a 312!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Velocemoto said:
Sounds great....Tornado looks so old fashion already, and so BIG !!
I love my 999 but I admit that the TORNADO has the biggest attention when I go out at this point wins in exclusivity.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last night I received a call from the local MV dealer asking me if I was still interested in the pearl 312 and offered me a great discount!
Is it already time to buy for a special price?
What was your best offer in Europe (Euros)?
I was planning for late 2008 but now I don´t know...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts