1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
so.......why was it smoking so bad

·
Registered
890 Posts
I knew it was meant to be something outside of the engine.

But it seriously smoked badly. Was it meant to be like that with anti-seize?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not smoking anymore. The excess burned off and it's fine now.

I'm just wonder how well this stuff will work. Would be interesting to pull the upper pipe joint (nearest the head) apart after a few thousand miles of riding.

Alex

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I hope it's just the "excess" that was burned off, not all of it... on the bottle it says the stuff will withstand temperature up to 2,400+ degrees F, hopefully they didn't add one extra zero there by mistake.:lightning

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Anti seize, interesting.

I've heard using a high temp silicone seals the joints and also stops seizing.

Glad to see the smoking didn't persist Alex. BTW no MV's in the registry?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am MV-less. Sold my 05 F4 1kS to stradaboy (forum member) last year.

Not sure when I'll get another set of wheels, but my heart is set on an 07 Honda CBR 600RR. Plenty of power for me. I was always kind of afraid of the MV's power and much more enjoyed riding smaller displacement bikes. My lap times kind of showed that too. I was barely faster on the MV vs. my 03 R6.

Alex

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
I was always kind of afraid of the MV's power and much more enjoyed riding smaller displacement bikes. My lap times kind of showed that too. I was barely faster on the MV vs. my 03 R6.

Alex
I know what you mean. I think my best lap times ever at Sears Point (now Infineon) were on my 748, not my old 750 MV. I'm not sure I could do any better on the 312 either. Maybe at a faster track, but not there.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, it's Ben's bike. I was just helping out with some maintenance stuff that Ben needed done.

Alex

1 - 13 of 13 Posts