MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to the MV Agusta world.

I currently own a 2013 Ducati Panigale S Tricolore.
Before the 1199 I owned a 2012 848 evo.
I have gone on the track with the 1199 and it was a good time.

Today I went to my local dealer and tested a 2012 F4R.
I fell in love right away.

Now it is safe to say that I am over Ducati as a whole.

I wanted to know what year and model is the all around best MV to buy?

I will use it for riding around town, track & group rides.

Thank you for your help! :)

·
Registered
7,831 Posts
I like the pre 2010 models. Have never been on the new ones. I heard the New F4RR is very nice.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I wanted to know what year and model is the all around best MV to buy?

I will use it for riding around town, track & group rides.

Thank you for your help! :)

I have an 07 R , but my next will be the F3 800. I think it's going to be a real cracker for the class and the current best all around MV

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow I must try riding the 2012 F4R going by your conviction. I currently own the 2009 F4 1078 which I love to bits.. And Im lucky to have owned the 848 and S1000RR in the past.. All these bikes havedifferent characters and I kinda miss the torquey Desmo.. In fact I'm in the market for a mint condition 1098r.. Personally i haven't found one bike that trumps all..nearest to that is probably the S1000RR with full tech gadgetary, very fast and reliable. The F3 800 is tempting indeed.. But I would wait to see how MV fares in SBK and may be tempted to see if they come up with a revised F4RR.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The f4 r
For sure
The newer bikes are better for around town
Especially in Miami with the heat

What dealer unique superbikes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow I must try riding the 2012 F4R going by your conviction. I currently own the 2009 F4 1078 which I love to bits.. And Im lucky to have owned the 848 and S1000RR in the past.. All these bikes havedifferent characters and I kinda miss the torquey Desmo.. In fact I'm in the market for a mint condition 1098r.. Personally i haven't found one bike that trumps all..nearest to that is probably the S1000RR with full tech gadgetary, very fast and reliable. The F3 800 is tempting indeed.. But I would wait to see how MV fares in SBK and may be tempted to see if they come up with a revised F4RR.
The 12' F4R is better then my 13' 1199S by far.
I wish I tested the F4R before spending all that money on the Pani.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The 12' F4R is better then my 13' 1199S by far.
I wish I tested the F4R before spending all that money on the Pani.
Better in what way as the tests and specs do not show that at all. If you mean you just prefer it then that's a different story

·
Registered
186 Posts
Haha I just bought a used hyper from
Leo
It's my 3rd bike from him
I'm going on the 6th to pick it up
If your around

And I as well have a 1199s
I do not like it to much

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'd have a serious look at the F3 800...

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
2012 F4R. I love mine and having plenty of Japanese bikes it's by far the most exhilarating bike. My next bike to add is the BMW HP4. I tested it and wow it's a beast to but a very different kind of ride from the MV. But I love it too.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
The F3 800 will disappoint if you like horsepower...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Better in what way as the tests and specs do not show that at all. If you mean you just prefer it then that's a different story
The F4 is more comfortable, easier to handle off the line and on turns.
There is no dip in power in middle range RPMs like 1199.
It for some reason feels lighter? maybe they just did a better job a distributing the weight around the whole bike better then that Duc.
The sound and looks of the F4 by far trump the 1199.

I was a loyal customer of Ducati for years, after mounting the F4 I cannot believe what I have been missing out on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Love the hp4
What a amazing bike!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
The F4 is more comfortable, easier to handle off the line and on turns.
There is no dip in power in middle range RPMs like 1199.
It for some reason feels lighter? maybe they just did a better job a distributing the weight around the whole bike better then that Duc.
The sound and looks of the F4 by far trump the 1199.

I was a loyal customer of Ducati for years, after mounting the F4 I cannot believe what I have been missing out on.

Maybe because I have a panigale R and a regular F4 I have the complete opposite experience as you

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Maybe because I have a panigale R and a regular F4 I have the complete opposite experience as you
I have an Panigale S and also agree with Sonny. My last F4 was the 2010 and the Panigale is much lighter and nimble while the F4 has better steering feedback and better attention to details. It's typical of every MV/Ducati combo I've had except for the 996 era bikes. The fueling on the F4 was on/off while the Panigale is softer in the mid range so you ride it like a 4 cylinder.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts