MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Brethren... Need some advice.. What better place to turn...?

I’ve decided to sell my pristine 2003 MV F4S... I’ve checked around, including Cycletrader.com, NADA, Ebay, etc... various on-line sites and can not come up with an idea what I should ask for it.. Depending on who you talk to, MV made fewer 03's than any other year due to the full production schedule of the Brutales.. Have heard every figure from 30 to 300.. so in theory.. it should be a keeper. Plus it has the Evo engine with substantial upgrades and horsepower from previous years...I paid $21K for it ..The engine is essentially stock except for a Power Commander.

My questions... Can anyone suggest a selling price? Is $14,950 fair?
As soon as I can get a consensus I’ll post in the classifieds section... The ad will include the following...

2003 MV AGUSTA F4 S 750, Classic Red/Silver, mint condition, solo seat version, Ferrachi risers, always serviced by MV dealer, all records available, Evo engine, 132hp, wired for Valentine/Passport detector, Never seen rain, No scratches, Never dropped. Will deliver up to 300 miles from Asheville, NC, only 6100 miles, Engine, drivetrain, exhaust is all stock. Pictures available upon e-mail request.

Accessories:
Hyper-Lite/Fender elimination kit (by Pirates Lair)
Power Commander
Throttlemeister
Custom Red/Silver Casoli fender (Not shown in pic)
Dark Tinted Windshield
2 aftermarket sprockets with quick-change FBF carrier
Billet Reservoir Covers
3M Headlight Cover
All stock parts included
New Pirelli Corsa’s Front and Rear

Thx guys...Any advice would be appreciated.. :yo:

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
In my opinion, it probably is a bit up there. 2005 F4 1kS is not much more, and the SPR has been at 14100 to 16k. I believe rramsey sold his (2002?) F4 for 12? recently.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I agree with Admin...I almost bought an '03 1+1 with 2500 miles on it 2 months ago for $12,500. It had a FBF carbon slip-on but was otherwise stock. The bike was 2,000 miles away so I can't speak for what the condition was for sure but he described it as being very well taken care of.

Either way - good luck with the sale...beautiful bike.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I know you hanker after a SPR Alvin, but I would suggest you make Jerry an offer he can't refuse. :jsm: Looks like a nice bike to me. Riding it back to the West coast would be fun too. :stickpoke

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx for the advice!!

Thx guys!! Guess I should drop the price a bit.. perhaps $14K and see what happens..I'm in no rush to selll it.. Spring is right around the corner.

I also have an 06 Ducati ST3 with only 1600 miles that I'm gonna sell when the weather makes a turn for the better.. :smoking:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
style_one said:
may the curious ask.. why the sale?
To pay for repairs to the 'Queen Annes Revenge' :laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wife and I are planning some serious (read: exotic) traveling this year (after ZERO vacations last year) which will require some serious dubloons.. As I have multiple bikes and little time to ride ANY of them.. I'm selling the 2 I ride the least.. the MV and the Ducati... Yes.. I'll probably miss the MV, but since I bought my K1200S.. I rarely throw a leg over the Italian beauty. Selling it wouldn't be my first mistake. :banghead:

style_one said:
may the curious ask.. why the sale?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Pirate:

Friend of DYLJim here. Drop me a line if you're looking for a Track bike. Also, do you have a title for the MV, or was it financed? $14K seems like a lot for a 2003 with that mileage. I just paid $17,300 for a brand new 2005 1000 S 1+1. Your bike does look to be in excellent condition and well cared for. Good luck with the sale.

Brian

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why? are you a dealer? and who said I was looking for a track bike?

Clear title..

As for the price...it's slightly flexible although I'm sure I can get that if I waited until spring. Haven't seen many 03 or 04's ANYWHERE on the market and these are the years that should be in high demand since it has the EVO engine..

FYI.. I did a consensus at this site.. All said this price was fair..especially with the accessories, prime condition, and offer for even more accessories at cost for a year..

blavenia said:
Pirate:

Friend of DYLJim here. Drop me a line if you're looking for a Track bike. Also, do you have a title for the MV, or was it financed? $14K seems like a lot for a 2003 with that mileage. I just paid $17,300 for a brand new 2005 1000 S 1+1. Your bike does look to be in excellent condition and well cared for. Good luck with the sale.

Brian

·
Registered
617 Posts
I must have been confused. Last I checked I was a member of this site and therefore part of the consensus.

Didn't you start this thread asking for our opinions on pricing?

Don't ask for other people's opinions if you're only interested in confirming your own. You will find yourself very disappointed when you realize not everyone will agree with you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I rarely do this, but I must apologize, Brian.. I didn't notice that your reply was to my post inquiring about pricing. For whatever reason I though your response was in another post I made to actually sell my bike in the classified section. Doh! My bad... I didn't check before running my mouth.. Not a first. Thought you were questioning my decision... ragging me about the price.

Again.. very sorry. Feel free to bitch slap me if we ever meet..Your opinion is duly noted.

BTW.. You dont know me but Jim will tell you that I keep my bikes in immaculate shape..It's an obsession. as an example, I sold my 98 K1200RS a while back with 42K on it for almost $10,000 when market value is about 1/2 that..

blavenia said:
I must have been confused. Last I checked I was a member of this site and therefore part of the consensus.

Didn't you start this thread asking for our opinions on pricing?

Don't ask for other people's opinions if you're only interested in confirming your own. You will find yourself very disappointed when you realize not everyone will agree with you.

·
Registered
617 Posts
No harm, James! I'm so happy we worked all that out. I realized you must have thought I posted this in your classified ad after reading your response. That's the only way I could understand the post.

I think your bike is beautiful. Mine's filthy, thanks to JIM! :) Ask him about our trip through the snow...over the river and through the woods.... to ATD we go...

Good luck with the sale. Thanks so much for your apology. It was greatly appreciated.

Now be careful, I surely will meet you some day and I might just go for that bitch slapping!!! :) As long as you don't slap me back...

Talk with you soon.

Brian

·
Registered
87 Posts
Damn!.... All this peace and love and man hugs is bringing a tear to my eye..........

I love you man! :love:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts