MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked to introduce myself, so here goes. I'm a sort of retired grumpy old trady (electrician) that seems to get involved with Italian Motorcycles.

Some people try and tell me I'm an Italian tragic, but with only about 13 italians I dont think they know what they are talking about. Naturally Im not going to say what or where, but I dont have any MV's, yet.

My process has been to pick up a bike that needs fixing, fix it, register it, ride it, sort it, then store it. I first joined the MV site about 4 years as I was getting into Weber Marelli ecu's and there are (were) some WM guru's on this site.

Life got in the way for a while, but Ive recently got TunerPro RT to almost work on my Zane Laverdas. That would be a world first ( I think) I've also developed a crankshaft fix for these Zanes, but still havent proven it. That only took me 6 years....

Regards, Greg

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome Greg!

U like pain eh?

Although generally regarded as a joy to ride, these machines from Zanè were not without their problems. Issues ranged from minor things like relays that filled up with water, or fuel pumps whose pickup pipes fell off, up to and including incorrectly manufactured crankshaft, cylinder head and gearbox components necessitating major engine repairs - often under warranty. In the face of this it was only a matter of time before the operation once again found itself in financial difficulties and the company was sold to Aprilia in 2000, marking the end of the road for the designs that traced their roots to the Laverda company we knew and loved.

Occasionally, a 650/750 comes up for sale quite cheap (for a rare bike) in the Netherlands where the seller boasts "with very low mileage!!!"

Reactions: MVBERT and esq'z me

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome Greg, from a grumpy retired signmaker, I also buy repairable write offs and fix them up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

Yeh, ive had a bit to do with zanes. The one with the orange wheels is waiting for a rebuild, the number 7 is a 2017 SFC/4 that we own, 1 of 3 worlwide and in a museum. The number 3, the second Zane Laverda factory is owned by a mate. We have been recommissioning it and it will be back on the track next weekend after 15+(?) years.

I was hoping to pick up a couple mv's for a challenge......:unsure:

·
Old Wing Nut
23,992 Posts
Good stuff !!! Welcome to the family and I am sure you will be an asset here.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Is that a sissy bar on a Ducati?.... Theres a first for everything I guess.

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts