MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Very sorry to read this, Jake.

I remember that Roehr coming out and all the articles surrounding it and the to-be production hope. Great bike with a great engine - I love superchargers :D I want Kawi to make a smaller one or a lighter bike like the Roehr.

I hope you get to ride that V4 in the spring!!

·
Registered
7,831 Posts
Very sorry to hear. You will be missed on the forum. I have enjoyed reading your perspective on the races and new bikes. I hope your bikes do go to a good home.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Jake I to have not had the pleasure of meeting you in person but your knowledge will always be invaluable to everyone on here. I wish you all the very best going forward and can't wait to see you post a picture of you on the V4

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Well, I have PANCEATIC CANCER METASTISIZED TO LIVER. Thanks for the debates the info and the laughs . Unfortunately I wont be buying new Ducati V4 as I seriously doubt I will be around to ride it..... Last prediction ….Marquez will go to Ducati after 2021 or 2022 depending if brother signs for 2021 which is rumored to be in the works. Rea will battle Bautisa in WSBK with BMW being the dark horse. The S1000RR is best handling bike in WSBK BUT will it still be when HP increase taxes chassis? IMHO the MONOQUE chassis seems to have in inherent problem that HONDA couldn't figure out now Ducati seems to be stumped. So no optimism for there 2020 effort. … I wont be around to see it unless heaven carries BEIN SPORTS LOLOL.

Take care its been fun.. Jake

Love brother.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hello Jake, like a lot of people have said already I have never met you but have read most of ur very interesting comments on this forum.
Your outlook on events are very refreshing and I hope that if anything like that happened to me I would have the courage and dignity that you are showing
Massive Respect ??
Paul

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm just another voice over the internet, but I will say that I admire your strength and attitude, brother. True character is revealed in moments like these. Much respect.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Sorry to hear this Jake, hope you get to at least try the V4

·
Registered
80 Posts
Very sorry to hear this Jake. Hope you recover and have blasting days of your life.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Not good at all.. :(

Keep on fighting and hell man, why wait till spring, get your butt down to Texas or California for some fun on a red beast!

you just might tempt me on one of those F4's

Reactions: falcn

·
Registered
17 Posts
And yet another internet voice.
Always read your posts as clear to me and everybody else, one of the very few who really knows what they are on about.

Bastard disease.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Sorry to hear Jake. Cancer is a bitch.
You are a funny guy with your contradictive comments. I really like that and in fact I hope you hang around as long as possible.

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Shit Man, that sucks to hear. I hope things go as best as possible for you. You've been a part of this forum a long time and I hate to see another knowledgeable voice lost to cancer. Such a crap disease, can't believe it's still around but that's Capitalism. Best of luck and I hope the stars align for you.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
ill Bite, Max . Contradicting comments ? how so.. Hondas RCV213v is a crap handling MotoGP Bike.The Honda CBR1000RR is a good handling WSBK(or should be, preious model handled well) This isn't a Contradiction. I just do not have brand bias.

Last couple of races the RCV213v has improved but still down with the KTM.

Next level up is Yamaha and Ducati. Hopefully Yamaha can keep its handling improvements as they are shooting for big HP increases for the 2020 model. The unprecedented Horsepower increases is what has been giving MotoGP chassis engineers caniption fits the last 2 Years.

The Suzuki GSX1000RR is the best handling bike on the grid . Not s GREAT handling MotoGP bike but is what a MotoGP bike is SUPPOSED to handle like. The Suzuki is very down on power. Suzuki has said they will increase HP up until Horsepower effects handling too much .

Dying (no pun intended lol) to see what RADICAL new chassis design Aprilia has in store

·
Vendor
5,479 Posts
Very sad to hear this Jake.
You are a credit to the forum and comments are always interesting.
I wish you the very best.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks guys wish you where here so we could all go riding. Many buddies have been stopping by to go riding . If it isn't raining, above 40 degrees , I ride as much as I can .3 buddies showed up, then we ran into 3 riders from the Brat pack (group of roughly 10 riders who spend HUGE money on bike builds/bike collections there fathers and grandfathers in same riding group. The fathers are good guys the kids are.. spoiled brats. One kid has a Munch Mammut. This ride he brought his 2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 with British TTS Supercharger kit. You gotta give the brits credit. Only in the UK would someone build a Supercharger/turbocharger kit for a inline 3 Sport tourer/Superbike and have it turn out to be a phenominal trackday bike.If you ever want a good idea for superbike build,read UK magazines. I am TIRED rode ALOT today. I will do a thread on this later.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Fair play Jake... I've taken the liberty of showing peeps what the Munch lookalikes as I remember it so well in a motorcycle sticker album from my youf... do u or anyone remember the Van Veen, legend bikes from the 70s
Brilliant thread ?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
ill Bite, Max . Contradicting comments ? how so.. Hondas RCV213v is a crap handling MotoGP Bike.The Honda CBR1000RR is a good handling WSBK(or should be, preious model handled well) This isn't a Contradiction. I just do not have brand bias.

Last couple of races the RCV213v has improved but still down with the KTM.

Next level up is Yamaha and Ducati. Hopefully Yamaha can keep its handling improvements as they are shooting for big HP increases for the 2020 model. The unprecedented Horsepower increases is what has been giving MotoGP chassis engineers caniption fits the last 2 Years.

The Suzuki GSX1000RR is the best handling bike on the grid . Not s GREAT handling MotoGP bike but is what a MotoGP bike is SUPPOSED to handle like. The Suzuki is very down on power. Suzuki has said they will increase HP up until Horsepower effects handling too much .

Dying (no pun intended lol) to see what RADICAL new chassis design Aprilia has in store
Contradicting to some other comments and members :grin2:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I was in the motorcycle industry back then so I remember the Munch, but never heard of the Van Veen. After a quick 'Google' I understand why: only 38 were built, with another 10 later built from parts.
@Pablotv , do you know if any ever made it to Oz? (I lived there at the time. Vic)

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm the opposite of u lived uk, erie and now 11 years in Sydney .. just grabbed that moment when I saw the Munch mentioned and reminisced .
Never seen or heard of a VV since the sticker days and to think that was probably a supervise of the era ?

21 - 40 of 60 Posts