MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys recomend to secure the headlite lens on a 2005 brutale. Just picked one up and the lens can be pulled off the headlite assembly fairly easy! Any sugestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
There is a product made by 3m. Windshield installers use it. That's the stuff you need. There was a thread about it here someplace.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I assme you mean the glass, not the whole assembly. Take it off, clean it, get all loose junk off of the plastic part, get that waterproof winshield adhesive. run a good bead all around, then use a bungee cord stretched across the lens and hooked onto the frame on each side. Leave for 6-12 hrs, never have an issue again. This is what I did.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
warning!

if you get any adhesive on the rear plastic housing.....BE CAREFUL what you use to remove it
mine was packing tape goo.....the following things eat the plastic!!!!!
lacquer thinner
Goo Gone

these didn't work;
WD-40
paint thinner
Orange Goop hand cleaner

got a lot of test patches:drummer:

·
Super Moderator
22,643 Posts
For removing things that are gooey, I use a quality automotive paint prep solution that can be purchased at any auto paint supply store. This solution is designed to remove waxes, silicones and things that are sticky without affecting the substrate. Use clean rags and be generous with the fluid...don't let it dry on the surface, rather wipe it off before it has a chance to dry.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Is riding a Brutale a bit like drinking in Russia. You have a nice time and then smash the glass in the fireplace ?

; )

·
Registered
871 Posts
Exactly, but I smashed mine on Monument Circle downtown Indy. :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks jchaplin4. Sounds perfect. Can this product be picked up at advance or auto zone?

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
thanks

thanks Chuck,
probably not available in CA:laughing:

·
Super Moderator
22,643 Posts
thanks Chuck,
probably not available in CA:laughing:

...and, if it's not available there, it soon won't been here in your East Coast Frigid Sister State....

Yes, frigid is meant BOTH ways!

·
Super Moderator
22,643 Posts
The Illuminati come by every Christmas Eve...come have a Dram!

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Sounds very good idea Chuck..What was that single malt you mentioned in the Walnut Cafe ? I remember the Russian Standard Vodka..but not the whiskey...

I have five bottles of Glenfiddich and a botle of Uncle Jack close by lol

joe

·
Super Moderator
22,643 Posts
The Dalmore...many thanks to Juan and Ruth!!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
What do you guys recomend to secure the headlite lens on a 2005 brutale. Just picked one up and the lens can be pulled off the headlite assembly fairly easy! Any sugestions would be helpful.
Mines been on a couple of years with Shoegoo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts