MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I've just been out tonight for my second ride on my new F4 1000. I bought it last Saturday, but the weather took a turn for the worse, and only cleared up today. I went out with my friend Danny, who has recently bought a Retro Triumph Bonneville. (see attached pictures). I know she's no MV, but she's a real beauty, and sounds and goes awesome, with the straight through pipes.
Anyway, enough about Triumph! I should be talking about my MV. We did about 80 miles through the Peak District on some of the best roads in the UK with glorious sunshine and 23 deg centigrade, not too hot to get your ass cooked by the MV. I'm starting to get used to the bike now, still only 6k revs, with the occasional blast to 8K, just enough to lift the front wheel in second. I think she'll wheelie for England when she's run in!!
On my first ride I thought the suspension was a little harsh, especially the rear, on all but the smoothest roads. Before this evenings ride I adjusted the suspension settings to the soft settings in the manual, which improved things quite a bit. I still can't get over how quick this thing steers, even though it's a fair bit heavier than my CBR600, it still steers way quicker than the CBR. I would really love to get the MV on a track to really test the handling. Even without really being able to test the bike on some really fast sweepers, I would say that on smooth roads this is easily the best handling bike I've ever ridden.
Hope the weather stays good for tomorrow!!!

Cheers

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts