MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an aftermarket seat on their MV? I am looking for something that will make those longer rides a little easier on the back side. I have looked at corbin but they don't seem to have one for the MV. Or if anyone knows of a good way to improve the stock seat. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you checked with Sargent Saddles? I believe they will replace the foam and/or recover your stock seat base. I agree the stock seat is uncomfortable; the shape of mine makes it cut into the back of my thighs. Bike shorts are too thinly padded to make enough of a difference, in my opinion. Let us know what you find out!
Joe

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm sending my seat to a local seat maker to save the seat a little and add gel to it. Right now if I ride further than two hours, my arse starts to hurt. I'll report back when I receive the finished product.

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are you located. If you are anywhere close to VA i would like to know who you you sent your seat to if it turned out good. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
However; its amazing how your behind will adapt to the seat given enough
time and kilometers. This summer I travelled from Norway, through Germany Swizerland and Italy to the south of France in two days. All the luggage was shipped with the kids on the plane down, and my only luggage was in a small "hip pack" ( or whatever you call it...) Amazing also what a great tourer
the F41000 is.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
I rode my F4 750 3,200 miles over 5 days, CA to CT. Your ass does get used to the pain as long as your brain is having fun riding the MV. I also travel w/out luggage, only a small pack,the best way to travel for sure!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
F4 Comfort

I have travelled many miles on sportsbikes and felt the pain! What is interesting to note is that most of the reviews on the F41000 seem to make a specific point on how hard or servere the ergos are... my experience is quite the opposite... its a sportsbike so take for granted that the design is restrictive, but compared with some Japanese litre sportsbikes, its quite acceptable. I mean if you want comfortable ride, buy a cruiser...
Plus with all that ajustability, its so much easier to have a good fit.
I agree with previous post....if your having fun, then the pain is not an issue!

Graham

·
Registered
129 Posts
seat re-do

TOBIN CUSTOM SEATS :stickpoke

HE DID THE SEAT ON MY Aprilia, send him your seat, 3 days turnaround, $150.00.

color, no color, carbon fiber basket weave, colored stitching, whatever you want.

You can see the seat I had done at:

http://www.hotticketconcepts.com

He was simply the best.

Stacy
:)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i bet you could look up an auto upholstery shop near you and take them your seat and ask them to put some more foam in it. or ferracci does sell a gel pad. you could unstaple it...stick it under and restaple. but upholstery shop probably has gel padding too. probably be cheap too.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My parents bought a place in the sticks in FL (near gainesville). Anyway, they met a neighbor of theirs when they moved in - a retired cop who rides cruisers (no robberies in the neighborhood lol). Anyway, he designed and made for himself a gel seat for his cruiser. My grandfather (who stays with my parents these days) is wheelchair bound (only 1 leg), and oft complained of his wheelchair seat discomfort, once when the neighbor was visiting my parents. The nice neighbor - on his own volition - crafted and built a gel pad for the wheelchair seat which helped tremendously. Anyway, I am thinking such a thing could be made for a sportbike, why not? I will try to ask him when I am down there for xmas. Very thoughtful guy I thought.

·
Registered
879 Posts
1078 VS 910 Brute Seat

Now that the new 1078s have hit the showroom floors...does anyone know if a custom seat for a 901 will fit the new 1078? I just spoke to Corbin and they said they wouldn't know until they could get their hands on one - unknown.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
I can add 12mm high density foam padding should you wish.................Just mail me!! Obviously the original cover will be unusable though let me know what your after and we'll see if its possible​

1 - 15 of 15 Posts