MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The twisty screw thing that holds the seat down ... has completed become unworkable for me. It still turns and it looks like the little groove in it has not stripped on anything, but I simply can not push down and get it to engage and actually hold down my seat.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
The twisty screw thing that holds the seat down ... has completed become unworkable for me. It still turns and it looks like the little groove in it has not stripped on anything, but I simply can not push down and get it to engage and actually hold down my seat.

Anyone else have this issue?
Welcome to the forum mate. Please post in the maintenance issue section on this topic, but it would be good to mention which bike you're acualy talking about, and maybe a picture to follow that description:)

·
Old Wing Nut
22,159 Posts
Welcome to the family!!! Are you talking about a Brutale rider seat? The tank positioning can make this screw hard to engage. Sometimes helps to loosen up the tank mounts and stays and push it all forward a bit.
I have used a very large screwdriver to push down and turn the seat screw when it wasn't cooperating.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Yeah just push the seat forward and down.
I need always a little more force once I have the straps of the tank bag between tank and seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts