MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done any seat modifications to a 2010 F4 yet?
The reason I ask is that at the edge of the seat pan there is a small lip of plastic that comes up (underneath the vinyl seat cover, not the rear faring) and digs in to my thigh. I guess it only becomes an issue on the mid to longer rides 80 miles or longer. So I’m not really in a big rush to fix it but would be nice for the long rides.
:stickpoke
Along the same topic has anyone bought the MV aftermarket riders seat? And if so do you like it?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both thighs, right at the edge of the seat.
I guess I’m just curious if anyone else has the same issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same Here

I also have a 2010 F4 and several weekends ago put about 450 miles on it over two days. The insides of both thighs were the only part that really hurt and it was caused by this lip. So...yes, the same exact thing is going on with my bike and I was just pondering how to reduce or eliminate the issue.

Any aftermarket seats out there such as Sargent (have one on my Ducati 749s and it feels great), etc.?

The Tom

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply.
Not really high on my pocket book priority list but I will have to see about getting this fixed, one way or another. Probably try out the MV aftermarket rider’s seat; I’m guessing it will have the same base plastic though.

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
Do Italians have different shape legs to everyone else in the world,my 1078 is the same but I got used to it,probably grown calyses on my thighs.Dont the test pilots at MV road test these bikes or do they just sit on them in the dyno room,love to know,Mitch.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I had this with my bike as well, but I found when I fitted new rearsets (adjusted up a bit) it changed the angle of my thighs which made it heaps more comfortable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts