MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this has been addressed...didn't see it anywhere. The seat on my 2006 910s appears to have a problem. The vinyl is not attached to the foam on the scooped out middle section. I have a couple of DUcatis and have never seen this. Is this normal on the MV? It appears to be stretched too tightly and does not folow the natural contour.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Jdog, They changed the seat design from the Brutale 750s which had the material glued to the pad. The material would overtime come away in patches. Hence the change now where the material is free

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope that Corbin comes through and makes a seat for us. Their seats are top notch. All of my friends that have tried the bike love it, but ALL have complained about the seat.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope that Corbin comes through and makes a seat for us. Their seats are top notch. All of my friends that have tried the bike love it, but ALL have complained about the seat.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
721 said:
Jdog, They changed the seat design from the Brutale 750s which had the material glued to the pad. The material would overtime come away in patches. Hence the change now where the material is free
My 750 Brutale got a bubble right in the center of the seat and they replaced it under warrenty.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
I also have a VTR250 (don't laugh - it's a great little bike), and the seat cover on that is 'free'. I haven't had any problems at all with it in 6 years.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If anyone is selling a seat (rider and pillion) I am interested. I want to keep my original, but I also want to send one to Le Pera to see what they can do with it. I don't like to complain, but this is the darn near PERFECT bike, except for this one issue...wonder why they didn't think it through more. Does MC COrse have a better alternative?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
I posted this on an older Corbin thread:

I Gel-ed an extra set I bought from a fellow forum member last week. I found a shop to do it for $180 (including return shipping) which included reshaping the seat to my specifications and to re-cover it in black (seat was red). It came out pretty good, though still not a couch by any means it's a lot better than stock. The only down side was that it's much heavier than the stock seat. The gel does help reduce vibration which makes your butt numb but doesn't really make the seat any softer. The thing that help the most is that I had them round off the edges of the seat as I found it to dig into the back of my thighs.

Here's the shop I used:
http://stores.ebay.com/Kno-Place-Upholstery-Co

That Rich's place someone posted is ridiculously overpriced!!!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I tried the bycycle shorts and found that they cut off my circulation. what worked better for me was to wear motocross pants under my street pants untill I got a pair of good riding pants.The point for me is to keep my ars skin from getting stretched around the seat stretched skin equals monkey butt.

·
Registered
119 Posts
cdamb said:
I tried the bycycle shorts and found that they cut off my circulation. what worked better for me was to wear motocross pants under my street pants untill I got a pair of good riding pants.The point for me is to keep my ars skin from getting stretched around the seat stretched skin equals monkey butt.
Sounds like you should try a larger pair because mine fit loose and they're very comfortable espicially since the stitching is on the outside. The wicking material also keeps you dry and should help with monkey butt.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Sorry to get on this thread a little late, Emoto, i would be very interested in something for the F4! Anything would be better than the piece of plastic with a fake leather cover it has now. i just hope they don't turn out to bulky, wouldn't want to take away from the looks of the bike :king:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Greeneggs&ham said:
Sorry to get on this thread a little late, Emoto, i would be very interested in something for the F4! Anything would be better than the piece of plastic with a fake leather cover it has now. i just hope they don't turn out to bulky, wouldn't want to take away from the looks of the bike :king:
We will have GEL seats for both the F4 and Brutale, a lot better than the stock item, many different styles.

They look good, we are preparing this information/photos/etc, as soon as we have this ready we will post up, these seats are also made by a reputable company so no worries there.

·
Registered
330 Posts
the seat is perfect for storming through the backroads! hard enough so not to cling to ya when you are swiching around. Damn hard though, but there are lots of ways to cheat on that one. only thing that I am concerned about is mine is ripping through the staples and I have heared this is a common problem. I am going to call my dealer and complain today.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts