MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of changing my seat, well gell and re-cover,not to sure on ideas i notice a lot of you have swede ones,why is this? any ideas or advice would be great, where to get it done? please bare in mind I'm in the UK.send me pictures of your creations so i get ideas. thanks in advice for any help.:blah:

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
I like the way my bottom feels moving on the alcantara seat...and I know the internal padding is the same but I swear it is more comfy on longer rides.

Really, the looks were my first reason for the suede, but I think it does have a better feel whilst riding.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Thinking of changing my seat, well gell and re-cover,not to sure on ideas i notice a lot of you have swede ones,why is this? any ideas or advice would be great, where to get it done? please bare in mind I'm in the UK.send me pictures of your creations so i get ideas. thanks in advice for any help.:blah:
check out the pics in my album, okay they are for F4, but im sure you get them for brutale also

I picked them up from ade and they have lasted well (still like new) the EV03 has been out in all weathers and okay the seat does get wet but drys out okay and does not have a colour die coming out of it when wet, (like some others do).

only problem you actually have is listening to ade go on and on, when you are explaining what you want to him, as he tends to go into every little detail, and then skip to bhp, and then onto brakes and then onto air ducts and inlets, and then onto exhausts, and then onto suspension; 40 mins later oh yes back to the seat you want, then onto damping settings, then onto: and on and on and on,

so before you know it Joanne, you will come off the phone like you have just serviced an MV and your mind will be floating with the knowledge of this

just joking ade

and joanne, as i say check the seats out in my album:mouthwate

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice bike, seat it well smart, thanks for advice, no I'm not in any rush, just getting ideas, based in Birmingham(England). that's what i want on longer rides the bum gets a bit numb, despite extra padding!!!

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
+1 Mole breeding program.

You have given me a terrific idea :yo:

I'll have to get myself some breeding moles then Barry, and bang em on a hi carb diet and make em drink loads of Guinness,

Ideally for a mono I would need a single Mole pelt which is about 2 foot square, how heavy d'ya reckon I need to get the Mole before skinning it?

:jsm:​

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
check out the pics in my album, okay they are for F4, but im sure you get them for brutale also

I picked them up from ade and they have lasted well (still like new) the EV03 has been out in all weathers and okay the seat does get wet but drys out okay and does not have a colour die coming out of it when wet, (like some others do).

only problem you actually have is listening to ade go on and on, when you are explaining what you want to him, as he tends to go into every little detail, and then skip to bhp, and then onto brakes and then onto air ducts and inlets, and then onto exhausts, and then onto suspension; 40 mins later oh yes back to the seat you want, then onto damping settings, then onto: and on and on and on,

so before you know it Joanne, you will come off the phone like you have just serviced an MV and your mind will be floating with the knowledge of this

just joking ade

and joanne, as i say check the seats out in my album:mouthwate
If needed you clean them with Shake n' Vac easy peasy.

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
nice bike, seat it well smart, thanks for advice, no I'm not in any rush, just getting ideas, based in Birmingham(England). that's what i want on longer rides the bum gets a bit numb, despite extra padding!!!
Hi Joanne..

Just had these done for myself and my friends Brutale..

They where done by a very nice chap I know who works for Aston Martin at Newport Pagnell..

He did the complete job for me from start to finish and didn’t charge me a fortune.. (like that old saying goes “ It’s Who you know, not What you know”) :stickpoke..

Met this chap at a retirement party in our village and we got talking about bikes.. As soon as I mentioned that I had an MV, his eyes lit up with slight jealousy and we started to talk about my project F4..

I said that I regularly post on a MV specific bike forum, and that people are always after custom design seats, and would mind doing a couple for me, if it wasn’t to much to ask.. He was more than happy to give it a go and here are the results..

All the upholstery is hand stitched and the material is held down in position with Stainless Steel staples and appropriate glue in areas where necessary..

I went for half Alcantara and leather with Orange stitching on the F4 seat, and my mate wanted his in full Alcantara with double Red stitching.. He can do any design; in any material, colour or with any custom embroidered logo on request.

I’m over the moon with the finish and fit of the seat :yo:.

Hope this gives you some ideas for your bike, and if you need any further help just give me a shout..

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
great always nice to see real craftmanship. I am looking for some ideas too. Maybe even an car interieur?
One question: more or less then ready made seats on the internet.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how did we get to moles drinking guiness? i like the seats , nice job,i saw a nice one the weekend with the Italian flag stitched into the side, it looked smart.:popcorn:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Joanne..

Just had these done for myself and my friends Brutale..

They where done by a very nice chap I know who works for Aston Martin at Newport Pagnell..

He did the complete job for me from start to finish and didn’t charge me a fortune.. (like that old saying goes “ It’s Who you know, not What you know”) :stickpoke..

Met this chap at a retirement party in our village and we got talking about bikes.. As soon as I mentioned that I had an MV, his eyes lit up with slight jealousy and we started to talk about my project F4..

I said that I regularly post on a MV specific bike forum, and that people are always after custom design seats, and would mind doing a couple for me, if it wasn’t to much to ask.. He was more than happy to give it a go and here are the results..

All the upholstery is hand stitched and the material is held down in position with Stainless Steel staples and appropriate glue in areas where necessary..

I went for half Alcantara and leather with Orange stitching on the F4 seat, and my mate wanted his in full Alcantara with double Red stitching.. He can do any design; in any material, colour or with any custom embroidered logo on request.

I’m over the moon with the finish and fit of the seat :yo:.

Hope this gives you some ideas for your bike, and if you need any further help just give me a shout..

Really impressed with the photos - those seats look better than any others I have seen - the quality looks fantastic!
This looks like yet another modification to add to my list of things to add to my bike!

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
John, those seats look outstanding. Think he would do up my spare set of Brutale seats at a fair price if I sent them?

Joanne, there is a fellow named Spencer that will redo your seat for something like $50. Lots of endorsements from people on this forum. In the USA, so there would be some mailing costs. Anyway, look here:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7912

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
John, those seats look outstanding. Think he would do up my spare set of Brutale seats at a fair price if I sent them?

Joanne, there is a fellow named Spencer that will redo your seat for something like $50. Lots of endorsements from people on this forum. In the USA, so there would be some mailing costs. Anyway, look here:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7912
They sure look good to me too +1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts