MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my B3 has 750 miles on it, two weeks since delivery, and my seat is starting to discolor. Not sure if its happened to other people on theirs but its a bit concerning that the seat is already started to break down.

Havent ridden the bike in the rain and it was already like this before the first wash

·
Registered
101 Posts
Me too

Mine is doing something very similar. A seat cover was not towards the top of the list of my desired modifications, but it may be moving up the list if the discoloration continues or worsens.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was interested in the one designcorse sells. Was all excited about it until I noticed it was 138 GBP and only a cover. Might as well just buy the MV corse one from them for ~170 GBP

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mmhhh mine starts doing this as well but only the rear part... getting milky/matte, i park my bike only in the garage and nearly no rain rides... 675 2012 13000km white with brown seat

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I noticed a little bit where it flares out to meet up with the tank. So far its mainly on the passenger seat. No passengers, no rain, garage at night, I try to minimize the sun during the day.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took mine down to the dealer today. They seemed concerned. Took pictures and documented the discoloration. Theyre going to get on the horn with MV when they reopen in sept to get me a new seat. Bikes scheduled to go in on the 6th of sept for a new seat, sprag, and a complete coolant system investigation since the bike cant hold its coolant for more than a day.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Guys, MV no longer shut up shop, the warranty claims team and the spares distribution have remained open during the traditional holiday season. So if your dealer cares to pick-up the phone to Italy they will find someone on the other end.

jimboF4

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mine has this same, black seat and no time sitting in the sun or rain at all. No passenger pegs = no passengers...

I'll bring it up with my dealer as well in the mean-time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Anyone have any luck with warranty on the seat?

My bike is going in the shop next week to get a new sprag clutch installed. I'm going to bring up the seat discoloration and would like to see what response everyone else has gotten from their local dealer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I brought my bike in for service and asked about the seat discoloration. I'm being sent a replacement on warranty, but apparently it's only been an issue with California bikes. I would recommend asking your dealer if your seat is discolored. However, after 5,000 miles of my ass in the seat, I almost don't want to have to break another one in.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Suppose I'll throw an update in on mine. Bike was in for service again a couple weeks ago. MV approved my seat warranty claim and sent a new seat. Was told 2 or 3 weeks for shipping from italy so it should be in either this week or next. MV asked for the original seat back so dont expect to have two seats sitting around your garage.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Suppose I'll throw an update in on mine. Bike was in for service again a couple weeks ago. MV approved my seat warranty claim and sent a new seat. Was told 2 or 3 weeks for shipping from italy so it should be in either this week or next. MV asked for the original seat back so dont expect to have two seats sitting around your garage.
Yeah, that's what the dealership said. I'm glad they're sending a complete seat as a replacement rather than having to monkey around with installing a new seat cover.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My first seat was replaced under warranty and the second one is now doing the same thing again. I'm tempted to just spring for an aftermarket seat at this point.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I know we shouldn't have to after only a short period, but did any of you use any leather products?

Contrary to belief, the more the bike is used and the seat sat on the longer it will take the leather to crack and discolour. Same applies to putting some leather cream on there. So I imagine that if the bike is not ridden as often, it is more likely to discolour and crack?

......that's if the seat is actually leather lol. Feels like it

:blah:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know we shouldn't have to after only a short period, but did any of you use any leather products?

Contrary to belief, the more the bike is used and the seat sat on the longer it will take the leather to crack and discolour. Same applies to putting some leather cream on there. So I imagine that if the bike is not ridden as often, it is more likely to discolour and crack?

......that's if the seat is actually leather lol. Feels like it

The first seat had 5,000 miles on it when it was replaced and now I've got over 9,500 on the bike.

I never used any leather products on the seat as I'm pretty sure it's vinyl and I don't want to make it slippery. The Brutale's power and a slippery seat could make for a bad/expensive/embarrassing day.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My first seat had something hilarious like 2000 miles of basically every day riding on it. The longest it sat was when it had the sprag done for the first time which was like 2 weeks. It had no shortage of use when it discolored. Second seat is at 4200 miles and hasnt changed a bit.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
abmar, I would try and get mv to replace the seat again and then spring for aftermarket. Always nice to be able to put the bike back to stock if you decide to sell.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts