MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As you all know, by tomorrow morning Friday 19th Sept, we'll know if history has been made with regards to Scottish Independent's..

This is could be the biggest change in British politics for over 300 years..

Obviously, as you would expect, the Scottish people feel passionate about this vote for independence and no surprise to learn that Sean Connery feels practically strongly about this vote..

Here is a link on his views about this monumental vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQy_bfjy9l4

WARNING: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU CLICK ON THIS YOUTUBE LINK IF YOU SUFFER FROM THE FOLLOWING.

1) EASLIY OFFENDED
2) APPAULED BY EXREMELY STRONG LANGUAGE
3) HAVE HAD A HUMOUR BY-PASS AND CAN’T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SERIOUS POINT AND A JOKE
4) DON’T GET OUT MUCH AND HAVE A BEST MATE CALLED “Eric Olthwaite”

You have been warned !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I didn't click on it John as I qualify for all of the above!

Eric and I went to school together!:laughing:

Oh...., and I predict it'll be a big fat NO!

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's to close to call Brian... About a month ago, I'd put my mortgage money on the "No" vote, but over the last few weeks the "Yes" vote has closed the gap to 1%..

I predict the "Yes" vote might take it and surprise the World.. This would please the Catalonian's who are watching the outcome of this Independents' very closely...

The BBC has good coverage over the night, and I'll try staying up as long as possible to see the results coming in..

Either way, we'll all know by tomorrow morning..

I hope my "Standard Life" pension is still safe whatever the outcome :)

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
When will we know? (Eastern Daylight Time).

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I have a few questions.. If Scotland gains freedom, what will their borders be closed or open like they have been? And will the UK still be called the UK? And still be called Great Britain? Does Scotland have any industry, or are they shooting themselves in the foot by trying to become independent?

I'm honestly curious.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
I have a few questions.. If Scotland gains freedom, what will their borders be closed or open like they have been? And will the UK still be called the UK? And still be called Great Britain? Does Scotland have any industry, or are they shooting themselves in the foot by trying to become independent?

I'm honestly curious.
Me too.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
It's to close to call Brian... About a month ago, I'd put my mortgage money on the "No" vote, but over the last few weeks the "Yes" vote has closed the gap to 1%..

I predict the "Yes" vote might take it and surprise the World.. This would please the Catalonian's who are watching the outcome of this Independents' very closely...

The BBC has good coverage over the night, and I'll try staying up as long as possible to see the results coming in..

Either way, we'll all know by tomorrow morning..

I hope my "Standard Life" pension is still safe whatever the outcome :)

Wellllll??...NO I called and NO it was. I went to bed last night confident that pragmatism would prevail.

You should have put your mortgage on it John.....:)

It was decisive.
Your pension is still safe.

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wellllll??...NO I called and NO it was. I went to bed last night confident that pragmatism would prevail.

You should have put your mortgage on it John.....:)

It was decisive.
Your pension is still safe.
You was right Brian... again!

At least my pension fund and shares in Standard Life is still safe.. Phew..

Well guys, it looks like the UK for now can still be called Great Britiain and for the time being we haven't lost that culinary delight….The Haggis.

It looks like Scotland will get some new powers out of all this and the common sense vote won over the passionate vote.

Scotland remaining in the Union with new powers of devolution, which in my opinion is the best result for the whole of the UK..

I reckon that Poll carried out Midweek indicating the “Yes” vote for independence had just edged ahead of the “No” vote scared the don’t know voters into voting for the “Remain Together” option..

Better the Devil you know, as they say. :)

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
It was all about the money...So it was a foregone conclusion...'cause God knows the Scots wouldn't want to lose any £ :))

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
As I´m also a descendent from a schottish family (Munroe), I was hopping Brian wouldn´t be right, but....you were...
Maybe one day.. :violin:

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
All my family in Scotland voted no_On a personal note so would I as in my opinion Alex Salmond was on an ego trip and as it turns out he was as he resigned today after his defeat.

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All my family in Scotland voted no_On a personal note so would I as in my opinion Alex Salmond was on an ego trip and as it turns out he was as he resigned today after his defeat.
Andrew… I my opinion I thought towards the end of the campaign he became more articulate and passionate in his demeanour.. My first impression of The Salomon was he was a doggy used car salesman, but certainly over the last few TV interviews I got to like him a bit more.. Although, not enough to want to meet him..

I felt his resignation speech was maganimous, warm, from the heart and totally sincere.. I admire those attributes..

I think Scotland could have made it work, and this referendum has definitely sent a wake up call to the London establishment.. And about time to….they’re overdue a bloody nose..

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Andrew… I my opinion I thought towards the end of the campaign he became more articulate and passionate in his demeanour.. My first impression of The Salomon was he was a doggy used car salesman, but certainly over the last few TV interviews I got to like him a bit more.. Although, not enough to want to meet him..

I felt his resignation speech was maganimous, warm, from the heart and totally sincere.. I admire those attributes..

I think Scotland could have made it work, and this referendum has definitely sent a wake up call to the London establishment.. And about time to….they’re overdue a bloody nose..
I Agree with your view about his passion as it did show what his country means to him. Also this did send a big message to the big wigs in London that the whole of the U.K. is fed up with them.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm Scottish, but sadly don't live there anymore so could not vote.
I feel that we've been lied to by Westminster with all their promises, as they are now already backtracking on their word.
I feel that Scotland could have succeeded as an independent country, but I understand the uncertainty and fear of my fellow Scots. If you think it's going to hit you in the wallet, certainly in these times, it must have been a really difficult choice.
I'm still proud to be a Scot, no matter where in the world I am.

Dave.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts