MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another question for you good folks. As I consider this purchase, what is the consensus on the SCS option? Should I get a bike with that feature? Also, is it an option that can be selected or is it always in place? Can I choose to use it or just ride the bike as a normal transmission bike? Thanks again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try it, you will love it! Especially in town at traffic! And you can use normal clutch, but you will never do it
My next TV will be the SCS version .

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,343 Posts
It is basically a Rekluse clutch.
Used by off road riders for a long time. MV worked with them to develop specific software for the MV engine control unit to make it work really well on a street bike.

Reactions: Duc-Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Definitely go for the SCS. However, word of warning. Apparently, 1st generation SCS needs the basket sleeves replaced every 4500 miles. Although MV Agusta NA claims this is detailed in the owners or service manual, I could not locate that info anywhere. Also, MV Agusta claims that the dealer was supposed to have made me aware of that fact. That also was not done and would have been a deal breaker in any case. This machine is rated at 9K miles between service intervals. What's the point in having a part fail at 4500 miles?
So, make sure you specify the version 2 SCS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How would you know if it's the version 2 SCS? Does it come standard on 2020+? Is there a way to check? I have a feeling my dealer won't know.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have no idea of the difference between version 1 and 2 other than no basket sleeves to service. My dealer is installing the version 2 today. I pick it up on Friday. I should be quite conversant with this subject by Saturday. The service manager at Bellevue Motosports is pretty sharp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts