MV Agusta Forum banner

Screwed up

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rompus 
#1 · (Edited)
In a moment of rushing and not putting on my reading glasses I reversed polarity when I hooked up my battery, was on for about 30 seconds before I saw what I had done, I did turn on the switch. No power anywhere after hooking it back up correctly. Starter relay fuse blown replaced and no power anywhere.No other blown fuses. Is there anything I could have missed ? Any thoughts on damage ect.? Its a 2000 F4 750.

#2 ·
You smoked the diode that is mounted on the relay....do a search for diode and you should find info. Easy repair.

#4 ·
There is also a bank of three diodes on the LEFT side of the bike at the battery compartment. Those diodes may have been affected. There is a test procedure in the manual for your bike. I cannot post it because of the ongoing problems with this site.

However, you can download your manual here: http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/manuals.php and the test procedure is on page 30 of the electrical section.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.