MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys the title says it all. I finally pull the triger on a carbon rear hugger, and some other goodies as well. The swing arm has 3 holes for the installation but, don't know the bolt size.
Has any one know what size is it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The nutserts and bolts came with hugger. but i ordered the mv. one from there metal catalogue, cool book lots of goodies. mmmmm!.:mouthwate
have you got the hugger yet?

·
Administrator
20,093 Posts
joanne is back !!!!....that metal bound catalog is nice, isn't it? Lot's of goodies in there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Joanne, I didn't want to pay the OEM price so ordered my carbon fiber hugger from BestemUSA (http://www.bestemusa.com/Brutale-1090990923_c_1283.html) and paid $76 for it. The quality of the thing is impeccable but came without any mounting hardware. So I ordered the wellnuts from Gutsy Performance ($1.95) and I will get the M5 bolts from a local hardware store. Doesn't get any cheaper that that...

·
Registered
215 Posts
:blah:Allways been around gents just watching and learning. only post when i think i can offer my limited know how. happy new year to you all.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Bestem carbon...

Hi Joanne, I didn't want to pay the OEM price so ordered my carbon fiber hugger from BestemUSA (http://www.bestemusa.com/Brutale-1090990923_c_1283.html) and paid $76 for it. The quality of the thing is impeccable but came without any mounting hardware. So I ordered the wellnuts from Gutsy Performance ($1.95) and I will get the M5 bolts from a local hardware store. Doesn't get any cheaper that that...
Greetings! do you have any photos of the hugger that you took yourself? If so could you post them :)

I checked out the Bestem website and the Hugger for the 2010+ Brutale is 99.95. Does Bestem offer a discount for forum members?

Thank you!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi jones525! I actually found the same 99.95 hugger on ebay (in BestemUSA's ebay store). They had it discounted to 76 there. But 99.95 is still a great price compared to OEM. And the thing is flawless carbon fiber. I am still waiting on the well nuts and once I get it installed I will post pictures.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks!

Hi jones525! I actually found the same 99.95 hugger on ebay (in BestemUSA's ebay store). They had it discounted to 76 there. But 99.95 is still a great price compared to OEM. And the thing is flawless carbon fiber. I am still waiting on the well nuts and once I get it installed I will post pictures.
Looking forward to the pictures!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bestem makes nice products, my friend installed some of their CF pieces on his BMW, and they look nice.

I went another route. Decided to emulate the front fender, what do you think?

I took the caps which plugged the holes to my local fastener supply company and got the wellnuts at the same diameter. I also made sure to use locktite on the threads.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bestem makes nice products, my friend installed some of their CF pieces on his BMW, and they look nice.

I went another route. Decided to emulate the front fender, what do you think?

I took the caps which plugged the holes to my local fastener supply company and got the wellnuts at the same diameter. I also made sure to use locktite on the threads.
Awesome! I found M5 rubber well nuts on ebay and they worked great. Here is how it looks installed...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Sorry mate

I don't mean to be rude, but I think that looks like it's not fitting properly onto the swingarm.
And it's sticking up onto the air and not following the curve of the tyre like all other huggers I have seen or used.
There used to be lots of problems with Bestem products not fitting like they should, and to me at least it looks like they are still getting it wrong.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No offense taken

I don't mean to be rude, but I think that looks like it's not fitting properly onto the swingarm.
And it's sticking up onto the air and not following the curve of the tyre like all other huggers I have seen or used.
There used to be lots of problems with Bestem products not fitting like they should, and to me at least it looks like they are still getting it wrong.
Donsy,

Although it doesn't seem to be a perfect match it actually doesn't look so bad in person. Perhaps the shoot angles are a bit misleading...

Probably Bestem molded this hugger against the pre-2010 swingarm, which is a bit different design than the MY2010 onward models. I will shoot and email with these pictures to Bestem anyways.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
My Point Exactly mate

Donsy,

Although it doesn't seem to be a perfect match it actually doesn't look so bad in person. Perhaps the shoot angles are a bit misleading...

Probably Bestem molded this hugger against the pre-2010 swingarm, which is a bit different design than the MY2010 onward models. I will shoot and email with these pictures to Bestem anyways.

Cheers!
That is probably true, about it being a pre-2010 model hugger.
And yet the pictures on their site looks nothing like the one they sold you.
I would rather go to the forum sponsors, and get the right thing first time.
Just look at the picture - it looks nothing like the one they sold you.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Awesome! I found M5 rubber well nuts on ebay and they worked great. Here is how it looks installed...
I like the shortie exhaust you got there, how does it sound?:laughing:
Think they sent you the wrong year part? You might be right about the photos not showing correctly. That rear tire is telling me you need to go spank that Brutale:f4:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts