MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my bike on my trailer and the tie down scratched the frame, the powder (or whatever it is) coat got scraped off, what would be the best way to touch it up?

Thanks

·
Registered
819 Posts
Pretty sure the paint codes and where to buy the correct color touch ups has been covered a time or 2 around here. A search might turn that stuff up. Whatever you do don't use color-rite(sp?).

If you are still unsure take the bike by a hobby shop which will have rows of paints to choose from. Most, if not all, will allow you to bring the paint outside(if bike is right out the door) to try and match it up. The employee(s) there could take a look at the frame and get you close then bring a couple bottles out to sample on the frame itself. Make sure the frame if cool though. And bring a handful of q-tips to help with transferring the test paint to the frame. Unless you want a hand full of paint marks from wiping off the tests a paper towel or 2 may be a good idea too. I know this method may sound hokie but it worked for me in finding perfect matches to some hard to match up paint colors.

If your frame isn't to old and faded from use and sitting in the sun, the scratch is small enough, and close is good enough for you, then just about any flat black will do for touch up. Most blend really well and are fairly hard to notice on small touch ups. Have used the flat or satin black with the q-tip method for numerous touch ups on the lips of rims where the tire tech made a mistake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts