MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hi Marc,
on what level do you have the electronic set up? for normal driving I using No.: 3 before that, I've used 4 but this was a bit to much oil everywhere :frown2:
what about your settings?
So I started with a dry chain at 5 for 10 kms, then set it at 3, and then 2. This afternoon, I set it to 1 and kept it there for 100 km, and it seems just ok for nice weather (I'll check during next rides). For reference, on my wife's Street, the Tutoro is set to just one round, but it seems a bit too much in similar conditions, however, I didn't completely cleaned the chain when I mounted the Tutoro, and the remaining grease is leaving the chain and false the experience.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Thanks Marc,
I will give it a try with "1" maybe it will not getting oil somewhere else.. :)
One key thing, is even if there was a few drop, I wouldn't mind : it is still much more easier to clean than the chain grease glued to the wheel :smile2:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Quick update,

Received the smaller tank on thursday. Mounted it Friday. I pasted the support to the lateral fairing with dual velcro adhesive. It is now perfect. The tank can be refilled without removing the lateral fairing.

Other update. Even set at 1 there is some oil projection. It is however very easy to clean.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I looked at how little space there was behind the side panels, and decided to go for the Tutoro auto chain oiler. It's so simple to install, gravity fed, with a valve actuated my movement so shuts off when the bike is parked. I mounted the reservoir by sandwiching the mounting bracket between the pillion heel guard and the footrest hanger, then a short run of tube down the back of the footrest hanger, loop toward the swinging arm behind the pivot, then cable ties fed between the bottom of the swing arm the plastic chain guard. A P-clip bolted to the chain fin holds the delivery pipe securely near the sprocket.

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
I looked at how little space there was behind the side panels, and decided to go for the Tutoro auto chain oiler. It's so simple to install, gravity fed, with a valve actuated my movement so shuts off when the bike is parked. I mounted the reservoir by sandwiching the mounting bracket between the pillion heel guard and the footrest hanger, then a short run of tube down the back of the footrest hanger, loop toward the swinging arm behind the pivot, then cable ties fed between the bottom of the swing arm the plastic chain guard. A P-clip bolted to the chain fin holds the delivery pipe securellly near the sprocket.
I did not thought about this placement; thought about the right side, but you have already there the 12V socket and the brake fluid tank. However, mounting on the right side could have allowed to pass the pipeline with the brake durit under the swignarm. I even thought about reusing a old scottoiler kit component to fix the pipeline with the bolt closing the channel for all the accessory incoming thru the swingarm (which could have made a 100% invisible mount with the CLS Evo, but very difficult to pass to the right side, and making the mont ultimately complex)... Ultimately, what stopped me to consider the Tutoro was the kids feet being too much mobile sometimes when we ride.

Anyway, nicely done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The tutoro system sounds so simple and effective. Why would one go to the trouble of installing an electronic system? What are the advantages of the electronic over the gravity fed system? Thanks.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The tutoro system sounds so simple and effective. Why would one go to the trouble of installing an electronic system? What are the advantages of the electronic over the gravity fed system? Thanks.
There is actually two advantages :
  • you can set the flow directly from the handlebar at will
  • the flow is totally independent from the external temperature and the associated oil viscosity
Having a Tutoro set on my wife's Street Triple, I can tell you that you need to adjust the flow depending on the temperature. It was the same with the scottoiler I had on my Monster before. Last summer in a particularly hot day, I had to set the scottoiler almost to zero otherwise it was flowing continuously, representing a risk. When you are in an area where the température keeps below 25°C or above 25°C all the year, it is not an issue as you have probably the proper oil for the temperature. Here temperature are going from below 0°C to above 40°C and I do not intend to change oil during the year...

That makes a difference, but I agree with you on the fact the Tutoro is really simple, and if there was not this key temperature element, the electronic system would generally not worth it.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts