MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the US - Does anyone know of a eTailer that's got decent pricing?

I've seen reviews that Schuberth typically fits small, what's your experience?

Thx!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi,i have the S1,very good helmet,does seem to go on the slightly smaller side of other helmet sizes,allso if you buy online check about the visors,i bought mine for (if i remember right) £350 and after a short time the visor was scratched on the surfaces so much that in bright sun light was a nightmare to see,went back to shop and found out they will replace under warrenty (and found that is a long waiting list of people with this prob)and these visors if you buy one will cost £50.No prob with shop as they say untill they fix this prob they will supply visors free.Dont let this put you off,superb helmet,just saying this if you buy online,maybe a retailer will supply visors ,just something to enquire about.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the reply, do you mind me asking what other helmets are you comparing the S1 to? (it is quiet, or feels lighter than...)

Also what kind of riding do you do when are wearing the S1? (sport bike VS naked bike VS full touring)

Thx!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'd heard that the S1 is quite a heavy helmet, and that the R1 is lighter, but the manufacturer claims they are the quietest

helmets on the road.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
26 Posts
Schuberth S1

Hi Insider,

i dont´t have an adress to by in USA, but i own the S1pro since May. The S1 and R1 does´t fit to my head, i thought i loose my ears when trying the size. So i bought a Scorpion Ex0 700. But in town or at lower temperatures i got fog on the visor and always some wind in the helmet and my eyes teared. When the S1 pro appeared i tried it can tell you
it´s not to heavy, more aerodynamic, about 200 km/h the visor of Scorpion pressed on my nose, less noise, no fog because of pinlock double visor, very good ventilation in summer. And an integrated sun visor too. So for my opinion, best buy. Where ? ask at
http://schuberth.de/index.php?id=haendlerdetail&country=83&L=1

Kind regards Ralf

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Insider,

i dont´t have an adress to by in USA, but i own the S1pro since May. The S1 and R1 does´t fit to my head, i thought i loose my ears when trying the size. So i bought a Scorpion Ex0 700. But in town or at lower temperatures i got fog on the visor and always some wind in the helmet and my eyes teared. When the S1 pro appeared i tried it can tell you
it´s not to heavy, more aerodynamic, about 200 km/h the visor of Scorpion pressed on my nose, less noise, no fog because of pinlock double visor, very good ventilation in summer. And an integrated sun visor too. So for my opinion, best buy. Where ? ask at
http://schuberth.de/index.php?id=haendlerdetail&country=83&L=1

Kind regards Ralf
Hi Ralf , thx for the reply.

Do you ride a sport, naked, or touring bike? So it's true that the Schuberth do fit a size smaller. I normally wear a Arai Cosair XS (53cm~54cm) Guess I should get a S Schuberth (54cm~55cm)

I have found some etailer that will ship world wide and without VAT. I'll post my experiences with them later.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Blue Moon Cycle (BMW dealer) in metro Atlanta carries them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Insider,
don´t know the difference to the Arai, but it´s not only a question of regular size. 54-55cm means only the circumference, but you my have a rounder or more oval head, or small cheaks. The S1 and R1 are very small to get in, the S1 pro is easier. I think it would be luck to get the right size, normally you cant´t buy a helmet by size, only by trying if it fits.

My Bike is a Brutale, on the "Autobahn" i go up to 230 km/h - 143 miles, but after some minutes you need a neck like Mike Tyson in his best years. Normally 150km/h - 93 miles is a good speed for touring, 180 km/h - 112 for short trips. All in upright position, i don´t like to rest on the tank.
Ralf

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try extremesupply.com. They are in Signal Hill, CA. I went and tried on some and didn't fit.
They don't have it, already checked.

The best deal I found so far is in Germany - the entire line of Schuberth is avil for export.

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectID=2587584

For the Schuberth S1 pro - They will sell without VAT(19%) and shipped to USA for around 400 euro. This is actually pretty reasonable

Thx for the insight Ralf! At 230 km/h (143mph) no helmet is effective on a naked bike. :smoking:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts