MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody
I was in my first race this season and everything went better than we waited.
In the practise i was about to seconds behind last years best.

First qualification i got about the same than last year.
In second i was 0.3 faster than last year so that was promissing.......

I lost the second best time by 0.002 second.Anyway 3:rd grid for me ...exellent

Race
5 second before start i messed up somehow with my clutch,jump start...20 seconds penalty. :bawling: ...great start.
I try to forget that and do the best i can..
I feeled very self confident and six laps i followed Petri who was in second place.In seventh lap i passed him and went for my own riding and the following lap i made the fastest lap in the race :f4: .The next lap in a very fast corner my front wheel just slip under me :jsm: ...BUT somehow when i was in the sand the bike was up and i did 100 m motocross and back to the race....i have tried to think what i did but i dont have a clou how i survived off that...
anyway i came second to the flag but with my penalty i was THIRD. :guitarist
First podium for me ever and with the pics you can imagine my feelings...... :) :ahhh:

next weekend next race will see.....

ciao mike :smoking:

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Way to go Mike!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Congratulations Mike ! Impressive Result !

·
Registered
41 Posts
WOW! I didnt realise you were racing,id have come said hi in the paddock. i was there on my f4 750 watching with some friends. Well done on your 3rd place!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turku said:
WOW! I didnt realise you were racing,id have come said hi in the paddock. i was there on my f4 750 watching with some friends. Well done on your 3rd place!
Next weekend (6.-8.7) I´ll be racing in Kemora, welcome!!

ciao mike :smoking:

·
Registered
41 Posts
i was going to go kemora but i have to go porvoo on sunday so i can pick up friends from helsinki airport monday morning,its less driving for the missus. im going to try get to some other races this year.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Turku said:
i was going to go kemora but i have to go porvoo on sunday so i can pick up friends from helsinki airport monday morning,its less driving for the missus. im going to try get to some other races this year.
Hi, I´m mike21´s wife... I read from another thread that You´re from Scotland!
Welcome to Finland & welcome next August 10th-12th to Räyskälä to see the races :f4: and to meet us!! :wave: :) :)

Hope to see You there!!!!

ciao! Ulla ;) :) :)

ps. see pages: www.ss-cup.fi

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah im from Scotland but ive lived here for 4 years now, i read your post about foreigners living here and how they change,so true its scary! just checked out where Räyskälä is and il come visit and watch the races. And if you guys are ever in Turku let me know and we could meet for a pint. Im sure i saw a Brutale in Turku last week but couldnt be sure as it was far away,do you know of any round here?

·
Registered
848 Posts
We don´t know any MV-riders from Turku... In autumn-winter Mike is quite often in Turku (Raisio) shipyard for his work! Next time he´ll let you know, when he´s there!
At the moment he´s sleeping/concentrating to his race here in Kemora.
He starts from second grid!! !! :f4:
The weather here is awfull: raining, raining, raining ... His race starts today at 5 pm.
You can follow the Kemora race ONLINE at the link below:
Mike is #21 in "Ducati-cup"

http://www.jmu.fi/results/index

We´ll meet in Räyskälä!!!! :highclap:

ciao! Ulla :) :) :) :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts