MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had the 'cheap' F4 thousand the other week and we all have seen the chinese Tamburini's and SPR scams.

Regular ebayers willl know many of the 'dodges' that scammers produce but here's another one to watch out for.

You bid on an item that you want to buy and another bidder goes higher. You want the item so you bid again and then towards the end of the auction you are outbid by the same guy and perhaps you go a little further to get the item. At the last minute you are outbid again and the item is apparently lost. Suprise, suprise the next day you get a message from the buyer saying the first guy failed to complete the transaction and would you like a second chance offer to buy the item. I did a little test the other week on some stuff and caught the guy out, it's suprising how many times the 'winning bidder' lives in the same location as the seller. Watch out there are some twats about!! :jsm:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I never accept a second chance offer as I think exactly what you wrote above happens. Once I was offered a second chance but at the price before I got outbid by the eventual winner. It could have been an elaborate scam where at least 2 people bid against you. I think ebay could easily monitor who regularly did this and stop them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
john said:
We had the 'cheap' F4 thousand the other week and we all have seen the chinese Tamburini's and SPR scams.

Regular ebayers willl know many of the 'dodges' that scammers produce but here's another one to watch out for.

You bid on an item that you want to buy and another bidder goes higher. You want the item so you bid again and then towards the end of the auction you are outbid by the same guy and perhaps you go a little further to get the item. At the last minute you are outbid again and the item is apparently lost. Suprise, suprise the next day you get a message from the buyer saying the first guy failed to complete the transaction and would you like a second chance offer to buy the item. I did a little test the other week on some stuff and caught the guy out, it's suprising how many times the 'winning bidder' lives in the same location as the seller. Watch out there are some twats about!! :jsm:
sad to admit my & my wife bought a sofa off ebay like this and lost £1000.. :baddeal: :violin:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Ebay has recently stopped showing the trail of bidders with the real screen name so that should help on the bogus 2nd chance offers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts