1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks like a scam. You can email him and ask for a phone number to contact him. Bike registered in UK. Possibly you could find whether this registry is true?
Cheers..

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
SCAM.
two reasons....
1. the "pre approved" bidders only deal sends up a red flag.
2. there is no such thing as a 2004 F4 1000......i believe the 2005 was the first year for the F4 1000. (the lister does not know the bike.)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm a bit of a veteran UK Ebayer and have bought and sold a few bikes here.

This has all the hallmarks of a scam - as already mentioned the pre-approved bidders only is typical, as is the request for direct emails outside of Ebay.

I've definitely seen this bike on EBay before and remember the reg plate.

Apart from anything else - who is going to take £5,200 for an F4 1000 (unless it's in pieces after a bad smash!).

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
molan said:
I'm a bit of a veteran UK Ebayer and have bought and sold a few bikes here.

This has all the hallmarks of a scam - as already mentioned the pre-approved bidders only is typical, as is the request for direct emails outside of Ebay.

I've definitely seen this bike on EBay before and remember the reg plate.

Apart from anything else - who is going to take £5,200 for an F4 1000 (unless it's in pieces after a bad smash!).
It's a scam, the same bike was advrtised weeks back, I have e-mailed the "correct" owner, there are now about 6 identical bikes advertised with the same advert! :ahhh: utter twats, and yet if you tell ebay they will do nothing about it :jsm:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mikef4uk said:
and yet if you tell ebay they will do nothing about it :jsm:

Very true Mike. A friend of mine complained to them about a scammer trying to sell a fake Rolex watch as genuine a while back, :jsm: they did f*** all about him and shortly afterwards I noticed he scammed money out of a couple of unfortunates who put money down for some electrical stuff he was 'selling' :rant: The bastard has disappeared down a drain pipe somewhere now. :bandit:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts