MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Anybody got the SC Project S1 for the F4?

if so do you know the DB @ idle and @ bla bla RPM?

i want to do track days with my F4 but here in Sweden we have a max DB of 95 at the track

Messurment is 10m from the track at the striaght when you do a flyby.

Do you think the S1 will pass?

Also where is the rear blinkers suppose to go?

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Don’t know about about the dB rating but I’m assuming you can put blinkers on this. You’re probably better off putting them in the vents like in the pic. I have one on order so I’ll update on sound after installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have this on my 2016 800 Brutale.

Hi
I appreciate that your bike has one more cylinder than mine but I have taken Db measurements with my S1. At 6000 rpm as it came from the factory it measured 112 db and frightened people and animals, particularly on the overrun which was a series of barely controlled explosions!
I then bought a Db killer and modified it to fit into the pipe where it narrows, I also wrapped the Db killer in silencer wadding. It is now down to 104 Db; it stills sounds pretty much the same but a little quieter, luckily it still sounds amazing on the overrun.
Interestingly mine does not have the small tubes at the end of the can, it was just completely open. No track days for me unfortunately, we have a 100db limit.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Had one on my Aprilia for about 5 mins, just enough time to wake the entire neighbourhood, they are incredibly loud, no really ridiculously loud!
I have a MotoCorse on the MV, and in comparison it sounds like my lawnmower

The small tubes in the end is just mesh to give it that MotoGP look - you can order as an add on from SC

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
I received the kit and I hope to make time this weekend to install it. Looks to be of superb quality and boy is it light! The whole shipping box felt no heavier than my Macbook. Will get back to you on sound as I've ordered a db meter.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I received the kit and I hope to make time this weekend to install it. Looks to be of superb quality and boy is it light! The whole shipping box felt no heavier than my Macbook. Will get back to you on sound as I've ordered a db meter.

Is that for the F4? If it is, how does it fit?

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Yes, for my 2013. It didn't come with instructions or screws. DB killers and R&G plateholder are optional. I think I know where the black bits go but I'm not too sure of the two silver pieces that look like shock connecting links.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi MV Arthur,
Congratulations on the exhaust, I quite like it.

I contacted SC Project and they told me that it makes 112Db and that they sell no dbkillers for it!

I would like to know more about the db killers, how they will affect the sound and the power.

I would like to fit an exhaust that releases more power and is lighter, but it needs to be under 99Db so that I can use it on race tracks in UK and Europe.

Regards,
Chris

·
2,155 Posts
Yes, for my 2013. It didn't come with instructions or screws. DB killers and R&G plateholder are optional. I think I know where the black bits go but I'm not too sure of the two silver pieces that look like shock connecting links.
MVA, looks great and please post a decent video or link to for the sound from the front and rear of the bike :smile2::smile2::smile2::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Reactions: christosc

·
2,155 Posts
Chris. I remember seeing a db killer option on a reseller's product page. If I am wrong, I'm sorry.

I posted a very short video on my build thread. It sounds very deep and loud, but I didn't rev it too high. It was very late and although NYC is very loud during the day, it's not so loud in the evening and I didn't want to disturb my neighbors. Here's the link. http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/21-customising-performance-section/223218-mv-arthur%92s-2013-f4rr.html#post2381681
Thanks, need to get to a quiet spot and be able to rev higher but sounds good on idle plus the engine hunts :surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Yes, I noticed that right away. The fuel in the tank is likely stale by now. I've been away and haven't ridden for a bit but hopefully tonight I'll get to take her on the highway and see what's up.

·
2,155 Posts
Yes, I noticed that right away. The fuel in the tank is likely stale by now. I've been away and haven't ridden for a bit but hopefully tonight I'll get to take her on the highway and see what's up.
I actually like the sound of the engine hunting on idle as it reminds me of the early 750s and perhaps its to do with the pipes allowing more air flow :confused::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Super Moderator
22,495 Posts
There are several causes for the hunting. The earliest is simply a cold engine. All of my MVs hunt until temperature has built a bit.

Air leaks in the intake tract are another source of hunting.

And, I think, throttle body imbalance is another cause.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
MV Arthur where did you purchase your S1? I bought mine on JULY 17th off the sc prodjectt web site and STILL haven't received it! The sc project website is really Motovation accessories website . They said I would get 1st one that came in now its the end of November . I am PISSED.

TIP for all you can get a integrated rear brake light. I went with clear since my F4RR is white looks fantastic . They also come in red of course. Cost 70$

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
As usual, Chuck’s right. The idle was smooth after a few minutes last night. I don’t recall it doing this with the stock exhaust, but then again the bike is new to me and I’ve not much experience with her yet.

Jake, evolutionbike. Yours is probably from the same batch and likely taking the slow boat over. Mine flew first class. I’m sure yours will arrive soon. Please let me know how the Bodis header fits up. Has that arrived?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
As usual, Chuck’s right. The idle was smooth after a few minutes last night. I don’t recall it doing this with the stock exhaust, but then again the bike is new to me and I’ve not much experience with her yet.

Jake, evolutionbike. Yours is probably from the same batch and likely taking the slow boat over. Mine flew first class. I’m sure yours will arrive soon. Please let me know how the Bodis header fits up. Has that arrived?
Or maybe it was too quiet to hear it :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts