MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start by saying that I'm an avid reader of MVAgusta.net but have yet to post anything because I had nothing of great use to share. Well, that has changed.

Last Friday due to unseasonable weather I pulled the Brute out from it's winter hibernation for a quick ride. No sooner had I left the warm confines of the garage I found myself careening across the pavement. Brand new cold tires coupled with my eagerness to be back on the stead landed smack on my ass. Because I had installed Motivation's fork/axle/and frame sliders only my brake lever and rear foot peg were damaged plus the sliders. All in all this was very minor compared to the what ifs.

Spencer

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks you are OK and the sliders did the job.
Are the fork and axle sliders useful? Did they save any damage in your case ? Post some more pics.
I have the Motovation frame sliders fitted to my Brutale and been wondering if its worth to have the fork and axle ones fitted.

Hope you get your Brutale back in shape very soon.
Best wishes.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Glad you are okay, sliders saved the tank then?
Sliders pretty much always save the tank on Brute( been there, done that), usually rear side panels get hit.

Rear sets for the rider didn't get damaged?

Glad you are OK, by the way.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Welcome Fransway. Now that you've been initiated......Just kiddin. Welcome to the forum. Jump in whenever. Happy to have new guys on board.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JAIME, The fork sliders totally did what they are supposed to and helped prevent major damage but the axle sliders never touched the ground and have yet to prove their worth other than working very nicely with my pitbull stand. The frame slider took the majority of the impact but acted in unison with the fork slider protecting the gas tank, radiator, frame/sub-frame, etc.

MihaSLO, As I said the rear foot peg (rear-set) did get damaged, but it prevented damage to both my Titanium Corse cans and rear side panels.

Nonetheless, the brute crashed surprisingly well.

Thanks everyone for wishing me well. Is it strange that many of us are more concerned with the well being of our bikes than our own bodies?

·
Registered
158 Posts
JAIME, The fork sliders totally did what they are supposed to and helped prevent major damage but the axle sliders never touched the ground and have yet to prove their worth other than working very nicely with my pitbull stand. The frame slider took the majority of the impact but acted in unison with the fork slider protecting the gas tank, radiator, frame/sub-frame, etc.

MihaSLO, As I said the rear foot peg (rear-set) did get damaged, but it prevented damage to both my Titanium Corse cans and rear side panels.

Nonetheless, the brute crashed surprisingly well.

Thanks everyone for wishing me well. Is it strange that many of us are more concerned with the well being of our bikes than our own bodies?

Hum! I should have a set of fork sliders...just in case...
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
803 Posts
To the best of my knowledge you are the first person to report on the crash worthiness of the Motovation sliders. I have them and glad they look like they WORK! I was thinking about removing my fork sliders to clean up the front but after hearing this I think NOT. There were some crash reports of both the FBF ones and Rizoma ones which were lackluster. Motovation baby!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Glad to hear the good news; you and your bike are saved with minimal damage. My cheapies from ebay do make the bike look bad, but I think I'll leave them on for a little while after hearing this. My tires are new and not scrubbed in yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts