MV Agusta Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I have spent about 2 hrs detailing her. Going to take some pics of how she is cleaning up. If you see something that is not stock let me know. I am not sure if the quick change carrier and linkage arm are stock. Also if the foot pegs are stock for the tambo.
good luck in finding real parts or did you get a box with original parts, cover, rg3 or std pipes, certificate? what is serial vin nr?

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
After

Attachments

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Still not sure how both frame plates have marks from the levers. There is no marks on any part of the frame, fairing, barends, or mirrors.

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
20 mile ride to make sure she is good. And yes, she is very good. Just need to bleed the clutch and front brakes.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Outstanding !

·
Administrator
18,809 Posts
Some people are really rough with their feet and can flex the levers inwards...

Looks outstanding !!! I think that is the original sprocket carrier. Seem to recall The_castle's having the same markings.

·
Registered
862 Posts
She is very clean Andrew. The frame plate marks are certainly odd but am inclined to think esq'z me is correct rather than marks from a slide/drop that were not repaired. But it is possible to drop one and not damage the fairing, but the gear lever will always catch it first even on carpet where there is no damage to bar end or lever. As for the brake lever side?

A Tambo is a Tambo, but she is so visually similar to Mona Lisa why keep her long term? If that was me I would want something visually different in the line up of my bikes, a Senna or Oro perhaps. I also think the F4 and F3 RC editions are very sexy, but may be too flash for you?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
How are the fuel lines and wellnuts?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Holy crap Andrew! That's an awesome find!

It didn't once belong to Gary Behr by any chance? I think he had a couple of Tambo's, of course Lee's and another that I remember being fairly modified if my memory is correct. And I think he was around Illinois?

·
Registered
811 Posts
@R1andrew Great find. I'm sure you will have it perfect in time. Looks like the tires have long expired. Maybe put that at the top of the list?

Oh, keep everything and just buy something really nice for the wife. Last fall I decided I may be in the market for a new edition to the collection sometime soon. I bought original artwork from one of my wife's favorite renowned artists for Christmas. Totally surprised her and won major, over the top points. She called me out on it a couple of months later when I mentioned to a friend at a party that I might be looking this fall or next year. Literally saying "Is that why your bought me the artwork?" Ummm, yes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
beautiful bikes! i skimmed the threads.. didnt notice.. have you put up the bits you dont want for sale yet? i track my F4 and those stock nissin brakes need much help

61 - 76 of 76 Posts