MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These Sato Rearsets came off of my MV Agusta F4 1000 after I sold it. The parts are used, but in very good condition, the same condition if you bought it new and put in on your bike. When I removed the rearset, I unintentionally broke the head of the screw to the piece (see the second picture of the black piece with the screw still in place) that goes to where the shift pedal would go. If you can get the screw out, a replacement screw can easily be obtained at your local hardware shop. Alternatively, you can use the stock shift pedal as well. For the Brutale, you will need spacers (also can be had at a hardware store) on the right side, otherwise the heel protectors will rub up against the exhaust (unless, again, you use the stock heel protectors). On the F4 1000 this is not a problem.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Wow that is a good deal if i allready didn`t have a set. A good way to remove that stud now is to weld a nut to it. the heat will also help loosen it up . but how did you get it off the splined shaft without tottaly removing the screw? Good luck and good deal.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had loosened the screw a little bit, but not entirely before I yanked the screw head off (I guess from the angle). I was able to slip it off with light pressure using a rubber hammer. That is a really good idea either welding a head to the screw and /or using some heat to expand the metal piece. Thanks for that idea.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
psperl said:
Why do you say F4 1000 and not just F4? This won't fit on a 750?
I have a F4 1000. I guess it would fit on the 750, but I'm not sure. I also have another set on my Brutale so I know that it fits on the Brutale.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Did you sell it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts