MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave up trying to find an OEM reverse shift drum so I ordered some Sato Racing GP Shift rearsets.

I'll post pics when I get them installed.

·
Vendor
5,492 Posts
I just fitted Sato rearsets to my 1078,easy to fit and top quality.
You will be very happy with the product.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have sato rearsets on mine also,so much better than the oem rearsets

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I love 'em so far. I noticed that the linkage is making contact with my side fairing. Not sure what's going on there. Also, downshifting is a little bit clunky. I'll have to keep playing around with it. Otherwise, I'm very happy with them so far.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had the same issue with mine, just have to play around with the adjustments a bit. Theres not a lot of room there.

Reactions: Turbo329

·
Vendor
5,492 Posts
I ordered mine direct from Sato,they are great to deal with.Very good quality also.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I ordered mine direct from Sato,they are great to deal with.Very good quality also.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you cannot (or could not) order direct off the web page. Pick your part nos., email them and they send you a PayPal invoice including postage. As Mitchy said they are good to deal with and it's good shit if a bit expensive.

Cheers

Deano

·
Vendor
5,492 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but you cannot (or could not) order direct off the web page. Pick your part nos., email them and they send you a PayPal invoice including postage. As Mitchy said they are good to deal with and it's good shit if a bit expensive.

Cheers

Deano
Yes Deano,first Sato said go through a dealer in Australia.I told Sato the dealer does not stock rearsets for MV,s so Sato said OK we will sell the parts to you direct and all good from there.:smile2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys...so my 1000S has finally arrived with the GP shift Sato’s installed, and I was curious how you have them setup—mind posting photos of yours?? Mine are workable, but the shifter is touching the left fairing on downshift (moving up) and already took a small chip out of the paint unfortunately. The shifter looks about parallel with the ground, which seems (and feels) a bit high to me anyway. What’s the best way to adjust the shifter lever down? Mounting points or adjusting the turnbuckle?

Curious where others have the pegs and toe set too...

Thanks from a first time rearset adjuster.

Ian

·
Vendor
5,492 Posts
It’s a bit of trial and error on setting them up.
You have to adjust them with you sitting on the bike and what you are comfortable with.
You can adjust the rod to clear the fairing or unbolt the whole assembly and move them down or up one hole.
My rod is very close to the fairing but doesn’t touch.
You could also space out the fairing panel also by putting washers under the mount for clearance.
A photo would help to see you problem.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys...so my 1000S has finally arrived with the GP shift Sato’s installed, and I was curious how you have them setup—mind posting photos of yours?? Mine are workable, but the shifter is touching the left fairing on downshift (moving up) and already took a small chip out of the paint unfortunately. The shifter looks about parallel with the ground, which seems (and feels) a bit high to me anyway. What’s the best way to adjust the shifter lever down? Mounting points or adjusting the turnbuckle?

Curious where others have the pegs and toe set too...

Thanks from a first time rearset adjuster.

Ian
I had the same issue. The position that I liked the rearsets in caused the left side to cause a small chip. I haven't gotten around to dialing it out but the chip should be very easy to touch up.

I rode my bike a couple of times last week and the rearsets are finally shifting smoothly. It was a bit clunky at first but now I love them.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've gone on a couple of rides and the linkage no longer makes contact with the fairing. It seems to have settled into place nicely. It's close still but it doesn't touch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts