MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.....how did you like that Q2 session ???? KTM !!! :jsm:

And Rossi gives Marquez a lesson in why you shouldn't try to use other riders to your own advantage in the final laps !!! HAHAHAHA ...loved it !! :drummer::nutkick:

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
So.....how did you like that Q2 session ???? KTM !!! :jsm:

And Rossi gives Marquez a lesson in why you shouldn't try to use other riders to your own advantage in the final laps !!! HAHAHAHA ...loved it !! :drummer::nutkick:
What did Rossi do?

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Rossi slowed in the turn after passing Marquez and they almost collided. Both exceeded track limits so neither of their laps would have counted

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Nothing really just showed the cocky Spanish twat who's boss. gayboy Marc ran off line and tried to take Rossi out but Rossi was wise to it and made him look like a boy:grin2::grin2::grin2:
Ironic. How many times does "the boss" get bend over and used as a tow by same gayboy Marquez? 3rd/4th weekend in a row now? 3 of those helped Marquez to a front row time and pole?

The only good thing Rossi did was diving back on inside and run wide in that U-turn and fuck both their laps up. Eventhough Marquez's lap would've been cancelled anyways.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Moto3 was the usual carnage. 17 riders finished the race, with some nasty crashes that didnt made it to the replays.

SIC58'S First victory at their home GP. Nice.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Maybe I dont understand the exceeding track limits penalty but if I do then Fernandez should not have won the race. Twice during the last 2 laps he ran off the racing circuit but did not get a penalty. The second time he definitely gained an advantage which kept him close enough to make the pass for the win

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Maybe I dont understand the exceeding track limits penalty but if I do then Fernandez should not have won the race. Twice during the last 2 laps he ran off the racing circuit but did not get a penalty. The second time he definitely gained an advantage which kept him close enough to make the pass for the win
In qualy exceeding track limits is instant removal of that lap time.
In the race you can exceeded track limits 3 times, 4th is a penalty. *Unless you get pushed wide then it doesnt count.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Is it just me or did anyone else think that MM did a brake check on Quartararo on the last lap next to last corner.
I would have not been unhappy for Quartararo to have taken him out and then argue about it later, just to let him know that crap like that is not on.
The commentators in Oz called it hard racing.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Is it just me or did anyone else think that MM did a brake check on Quartararo on the last lap next to last corner.
I would have not been unhappy for Quartararo to have taken him out and then argue about it later, just to let him know that crap like that is not on.
The commentators in Oz called it hard racing.
From what I understand is, is that corner is a U-turn shaped corner. Smooth and round.
Marquez did a defensive braking line towards apex to block off Fabio, and making it a V styled turn.

Fabio took the wider line trying to have a higher corner speed and thus better exit. But yeah...Marquez had the V style corner.
Good racing. Love it.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
HELLO ALL, haven't been on feeling lousey ...Did anyone else notice Quateraro uses the same unique lines as Marquez? Maybe not quite as radical as marquez , but its hard to say as marquez is still fighting the Rc213V in corners Thhe yamahas have improved in all areas especially in power . KTM accelerates like a bullet but chassis still needs work. . This power jump in MotoGP has all manufactures in a chassis development catch up situation APRILIA says they are going with a radical all new design. Maybe another try at Carbon fiber chassis ? The FIM was talking about lowering minimum weight awhile back? Ducati needs a rider and not to sit on there laurels until marquez is up for resigning in 2021.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Is it just me or did anyone else think that MM did a brake check on Quartararo on the last lap next to last corner . . .
Nup. Only you and the Marquez critics think like that.:wink2:

Quatararo came into the corner very hot, as he had done all throughout the race, but Marquez's slower apex speed caused the near mishap. Good riding by Quatararo saved what could have been a disaster for both.

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah...it was defensive move by Marquez. He is a very intelligent racer, like him or not have to give him that.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Marquez had the measure of Quatararo all race I reckon. What happened to the Ducati’s?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Haha Nigel, I am not a MM hater, but I am pro good clean racing.
I am not a fan of block passes and weaving down straights like you see in F1. Hence I am a fan of open tracks with high corner speeds that reward a balanced bike and thoughtful rider.
Point and squirt racing does nothing for me, I would rather go to the drags.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
IMHO Marquez is a living legend but this new tactic in MotoGP of block passing then shutting down the throttle I dislike. First off its very dangerous and secondly its not racing its stopping another rider from passing you by creating fear of a crash. IMO riders should be penalized for this action , including if done in qualifying . I didn't like Rossis block/shut down move either.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Nah...it was defensive move by Marquez. He is a very intelligent racer, like him or not have to give him that.
I have to agree. He would have known Quarto was going to try and get a run on him so he parked it in the corner. Just got to be careful doing that sort of thing. Could have very easily been a crash. I think Quarto's inexperience is the only thing holding him back right now. And Marquez has tons of experience. He will have his hands full soon.

It seemed to me like the Yammies have made some great improvements at the last round of testing. Still massively down on HP but it is only 5ish kph now on top speed. They were very strong all weekend. That being said they always perform better at a track they just tested at. Which probably reflects the characteristics of the Yammies setup apparently being very sensitive to temp changes. So more setup time gives better bases settings.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
IMHO Marquez is a living legend but this new tactic in MotoGP of block passing then shutting down the throttle I dislike. First off its very dangerous and secondly its not racing its stopping another rider from passing you by creating fear of a crash. IMO riders should be penalized for this action , including if done in qualifying . I didn't like Rossis block/shut down move either.
We finally agree on something :grin2:

Both that and the now banned T boning people on the inside were brought in by Marquez. Dovi (and Rins last week) have mastered the cut back when he does that now and the stewards appear to have put a stop to the mid bike block which IMO was very dangerous. Marquez is a fighter, when things get tough he is happy to get his hands dirty.

He looks worried about Quarto and he should be. He is going faster than Marquez (over 1 lap) and not riding off the inside of the tire to do it. The mind games have already started.

Rossi's block/shutdown in Q2 was retaliation for a Marquez pass a few corners earlier.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts