MV Agusta Forum banner

Samco hoses

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  lucky gill 
#1 ·
Greetings all. Anyone know where I can feet a good price for samco hoses and clamps? My bike is a 2013 F4. She runs super hot, also does anyone know if this will do the trick? Coolant and hoses? Do I need to change the water pump or get another fan installed? I also heard about a mod to get the fans to come on earlier, any info on that? Much appericated

#6 ·
There are only a few ways to remove more heat. One is to use a coolant with better heat removal properties such as Engine Ice. A second is to move more coolant by using a pump with a higher capacity. A third is to add to the heat transfer area by increasing the size of the radiator.

At the root of the heat issue could be a poorly bled coolant system. There is much information on here and in the manual on how to successfully bleed the system.

Another major contributor to the heat issue is the state of tune that MV uses. Find someone who can tune your bike and it's ignition advance and things will improve dramatically.

#9 ·
You can get the fan to come on earlier. By-pass the factory setup, my dragster rr also runs hot in traffic..these bikes have 13.3-1 compression and do not do very well when the wind is not blowing through the radiator, especially if you have added screen protectors, they restrict the air flow too...I added a toggle switch and run my fan direct. I can flip it on when the speed gets slow and flip it on BEFORE it starts to heat up not AFTER like the factory set up does. I don't have to sit in traffic wondering if the fan is going to start up while watching the temp guage climp the bar..My bike has not overheated or got anywhere near the top of the bar since I did this mod, start cooling it earlier..I also use it to cool the bike down after I shut the engine, you can feel the hot air and the bike cools pretty fast...Having a lithium battery helps the fan operation when the engine is not running, it stays charged..The only drawback to this mod. is you cant let anybody ride your bike, if they don't know that the fan needs to be flipped on it can overheat..I wanted to do this since the bike was new, I don't like the factory system.

#10 ·
Thanks guys for your info. I'll be talking to my local mechanic guru. I think I'll start with the fan switch, heat wrap for the exhaust, and flush out the system and add engine ice coolant. Then go from there. This seems the easiest and inexpensive method. If it doesn't work then I'll look into the engine tune, changing hoses and the impellar blades. Once again thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.