MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Bootworks, you have 83k on your Brutale?
Nah, this is my garage queen, 6k. I rack up the miles on three other bikes, a Duc and two Katooms.

Now that I've got it sorted out I'm at a junction: Sell this cream puff, or make it into a track bike? With retirement looming I need to justify insurance and registration. It'd be a hoot on the track, problem is one small "incident" will be the death of it: Too expensive to fix. On the other hand it wouldn't fetch much on the market.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks Mitch
I Recieved the hub today.

Took me a couple of hours to get through your bullet proof packaging (he really packs these things well guys) but what greeted me was a shiny new Mitchy Hub. It really is a beautifully machined piece, looks like it belongs on display instead of the rear end of a motorcycle where it won't be seen.

I know you took time away from your family and friends to put this together and post it to me and for that I am really grateful. Hope you had a great Christmas and the new year finds you and your family safe and in good health.

All The best for the new year

George

PS I assume I discard the hat shaped washer and use the one supplied with the hub instead.

·
Vendor
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks Mitch
I Recieved the hub today.

Took me a couple of hours to get through your bullet proof packaging (he really packs these things well guys) but what greeted me was a shiny new Mitchy Hub. It really is a beautifully machined piece, looks like it belongs on display instead of the rear end of a motorcycle where it won't be seen.

I know you took time away from your family and friends to put this together and post it to me and for that I am really grateful. Hope you had a great Christmas and the new year finds you and your family safe and in good health.

All The best for the new year

George

PS I assume I discard the hat shaped washer and use the one supplied with the hub instead.
Hi George,good to see you have received the hub so quickly seeing it is Xmas.
Yes mate,disguard the stepped spacer and use the spacer I sent you in its place.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello Mitchy,

I am picking up my new Dragster in the next few days, and am aware of the issues with the standard hub. Do you think I should look to upgrade the standard hub as soon as possible? I am in two minds, run the standard hub then change at the first rebuld/service, or if there is a cloud over the standard hub reliability change it sooner.

Your thoughts please.

·
Vendor
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hi mate,your Dragster has the upgraded hub.
There should be no issues as long as it is serviced as MV recommends in the service schedule.

·
Registered
895 Posts
F3 hub

G'day Mitch, I purchased a hub from you for my F3 some time ago, and I have a concern with it now.
I have done about 1000km since fitting it and my speedo started behaving erratically. Upon investigation I found that I had no clearance between the speedo trigger ring and the sensor, it has been slowly ground away. After pulling it all apart, I have found that the measurement from the rh side face of the hub body to the far rh bearing face is around 1.5 to 2mm less on the Mitchy hub than my original hub.
Do you make 2 different hubs for F3 vs F4 fitment, is it possible I have the wrong hub?
Regards, Greg

·
Super Moderator
21,411 Posts
G'day Mitch, I purchased a hub from you for my F3 some time ago, and I have a concern with it now.
I have done about 1000km since fitting it and my speedo started behaving erratically. Upon investigation I found that I had no clearance between the speedo trigger ring and the sensor, it has been slowly ground away. After pulling it all apart, I have found that the measurement from the rh side face of the hub body to the far rh bearing face is around 1.5 to 2mm less on the Mitchy hub than my original hub.
Do you make 2 different hubs for F3 vs F4 fitment, is it possible I have the wrong hub?
Regards, Greg
Surely this would be better dealt with by PM rather than open forum?
This is what this Forum does best...answers questions openly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Mitchy

After your reply to me yesterday with a seized rear hub I have been looking at your poll on pre 2010 bikes and note that my 2016 bike would have an improved hub, however I wold be very interested to know if your hub is available in the UK. There is a company here called Design Corse that are offering an improved hub which does not appear to be quite the same as yours at your dealership, could you please point me in the right direction if that is not your hub.

Thanks

John

·
Vendor
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hi Mitchy

After your reply to me yesterday with a seized rear hub I have been looking at your poll on pre 2010 bikes and note that my 2016 bike would have an improved hub, however I wold be very interested to know if your hub is available in the UK. There is a company here called Design Corse that are offering an improved hub which does not appear to be quite the same as yours at your dealership, could you please point me in the right direction if that is not your hub.

Thanks

John
Hi John,the Design Corse hub is not mine.
You can purchase my hub from "gotojoe" Joe is a forum member here and stocks my hub.
You will need a new spacer that sits between the hub and sprocket carrier also.
Joe has all parts in stock.Joe lives in Ireland and is very helpful.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey mate, have been reading about your awesome hubs. Man they look fantastic, glad to see Aussies are still kicking ass in all aspects of bikes. My question is, I just bought a 2018 F4 and was wondering if you would recommend changing the bearings straight away? I am unfamiliar with the new set up and would love some advice. Or would you recommend a complete hub change? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers 🍻

·
Vendor
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hey mate, have been reading about your awesome hubs. Man they look fantastic, glad to see Aussies are still kicking ass in all aspects of bikes. My question is, I just bought a 2018 F4 and was wondering if you would recommend changing the bearings straight away? I am unfamiliar with the new set up and would love some advice. Or would you recommend a complete hub change? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers 🍻

Hi Happi,your bike has the upgraded hub,so you should not have anything to worry about as long as you get the hub serviced at MV's recommended service interval.
Enjoy your new bike.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts