MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dudes. This is cherry blossom season here in Japan. Took some time to get some pics.

What is Sakura? Cherry blossom. Flowers last for about a week.

Normally, you go out to the park, sit under a tree, and drink. all day, all night. That is called hanami.

Here we are at Meguro River in Tokyo.

Moved over to Akasaka later. Lighting is a bit tough, it was early in the morning, and lots of tall buildings around. hmmm.

More pics here - that's Part 1

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now for Part 2....

F4!

Went back to the same river, you can see the flowers already falling into the river (this was 2 days later than the brutale)

More F4 pics here

That's all I got for now, maybe I'll get out for Part 3 later.... !

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
lemme say a couple things on the SBK Japan site.... still a work in progress, some parts a bit more developed than others. Some not there yet. :)

getting there.... but would of course be open to any feedback....

giddyup!

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Wow I have always like the looks of the cherry blossom trees, beautiful thanks for posting these!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absolutely beautiful, Colin! Hope you're around when I'm over there later this year!

hehe. me, too. :)

when are you here?

·
Registered
467 Posts
As of now it looks like towards the end of the year - December most likely. One of my dreams is to do a K1200 tour from tip to tip of Japan:love:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As of now it looks like towards the end of the year - December most likely. One of my dreams is to do a K1200 tour from tip to tip of Japan:love:

Looking to tour then? I wouldn't recommend the north in December.... for motorcycles anyway. generally good snow though!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My dad used to talk about the blossoms, I had two months in Japan a few years ago - just love the place!

Dad taught me Japanese since I was about 1 or 2 and he always went down to our wharves to talk to the Japanese fishermen!

The jap fishing boats used to fill our waterfront about 15 years ago .... now we never see them, though a lot of Australians bought their fishing boats for their own use!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
http://www.sbkjapan.com/

Nice site, Colin :yo: definitely looking good

thanks man. trying to get in touch with my inner geek :)

what you've done here has certainly been both an inspiration and a role model!

anyway, part III shortly.... :naughty:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, part 3! Went a bit further out this time.

Here we are on the Hakone Turnpike.

Ones a bit further up haven't blossomed 100% just yet. Need a couple more days I think.

Now here on the Izu Skyline.

Few more pics here

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
so now you accessorize your pics subjects with matching color themed MV's?? too much. :yo:

and is there some sort of grating or fencing in the river? i can't tell, but it doesn't look like shadow cast.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks for sharing these pics, we missed out on that special occasion last year we went a month too late. And judging by your pics, we really regret not seeing these :( oh well we had soooo much fun in japan tho......love it!
oh,nice bikes!!!! looks like they're part of the background with the right colour combos :)
great photography too! im using these as my wallpapers now LOL thanks.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, we feel them here.

The latest was this one: http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20090813x1.html

The previous two, and especially the first, were much bigger. Things shake a bit, some rattling. Not so fun, I don't like it at all....gotta get one of those earthquake kits (with food water, etc.). Houses are made to shake, so I think it is pretty safe. Still, it would suck for stuff to fall down, break, shatter, etc. All buildings are made to flex actually, older ones, less so.

But that is for side-to-side type quakes. Ones that go up and down are really bad for everything.

Parts of the big highway collapsed on the first one, makes for crappy traffic. Especially during this week which is a holiday for many in Japan.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts