MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WARNING, THE PIN ON THE BACK OF YOUR SIDE STAND MOUNT CAN WEAR THROUGH!

WHEN IT DOES IT SHUTS YOUR ENGINE REGARDLESS OF WHAT SPEED YOU'RE GOING, THIS CAN KILL YOU

This is the pin that holds the spring bracket......

Mine failed as I backed my bike out of the garage and parked in the alley, the springs and bracket were just behind the bike

CARRY SOME ZIP TIES, SO YOU CAN TIE THE STAND UP!!!......remember you will have to do this while sitting on the

bike, unless you can lean it on something on the right.....

OTHERWISE, YOU'RE WALKING

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,622 Posts
For those of you with intermittent cut out problems that can't be explained otherwise, the side stand is a prime suspect.

Reactions: Fairbanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
You can bypass that side stand switch altogether ( as I'm sure your aware)

Of course you do so at your own risk.

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
You can bypass that side stand switch altogether ( as I'm sure your aware)

Of course you do so at your own risk.

But that doesn't hold the side stand up !!! Which is the problem Noel had.

·
Registered
13 Posts
:surprise: I presume this is across the model range? Did they ever do a recall?? Is there a bolt-on replacement, or do you have to replace OEM and then wait for that to fail too??? :surprise:

>:)

·
Super Moderator
22,622 Posts
:surprise: I presume this is across the model range? Did they ever do a recall?? Is there a bolt-on replacement, or do you have to replace OEM and then wait for that to fail too??? :surprise:

>:)
Hi @Diablo: Nope it is a one-off at this time.

It is simply something that happened to a well used bike.

Reactions: Diablo

·
Registered
33 Posts
is this the same issue as i have ?

on my 2014 F4RR i have this issue where when i ride no matter what speed or gear the throttle stops to work, i cannot accelerate no matter how hard i turn the throttle

after awhile the engine shuts down (or instantly when i pull the clutch)

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
is this the same issue as i have ?

on my 2014 F4RR i have this issue where when i ride no matter what speed or gear the throttle stops to work, i cannot accelerate no matter how hard i turn the throttle

after awhile the engine shuts down (or instantly when i pull the clutch)
Side stand switch will kill engine immediately if you are in gear.... So that is probably not it.

Maybe your fuel filter is plugging up and engine is starving for fuel.? How many miles? You should start a new thread for this.

Reactions: wowjudo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Side stand switch will kill engine immediately if you are in gear.... So that is probably not it.

Maybe your fuel filter is plugging up and engine is starving for fuel.? How many miles? You should start a new thread for this.
thanks will do

the bike has 50 miles now

the thing is that i cleaned the tank already but i think its some electrical issue because when it happens the engine doesn't die and i cannot increase throttle no matter how much i turn the throttle

·
Registered
73 Posts
which bike?? same issue on all MV's?

i dont like the one on my 06 F4. it seems to allow the bike to lean so far. i have a hard time trusting it and usually find something to place under to raise it a bit.

·
Registered
847 Posts
which bike?? same issue on all MV's?

i dont like the one on my 06 F4. it seems to allow the bike to lean so far. i have a hard time trusting it and usually find something to place under to raise it a bit.
It is a very Laid Back Italian Lean. I always keep her at home on one of those Pit Stands. I think I have two springs on mine.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Does anyone remember centre stands?
Now you's just showing your age Bro. The last I remember was my brand spankers new, paid for by cash RD350LC YPVS, back in 1986 for £1700 and I was 19. That was an exciting day for me except that I nearly dropped it on gravel after only having my leg over her for 3 secs.

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
Both my Suzuki F50 and my Honda CB100 have center stands...actually, the F50 has no side stand !

Attachments

Reactions: MVBERT and nigelrb
1 - 18 of 18 Posts