Registered
14,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
619 Posts
RIP Russ......ride on!!
My prayers go out to his family.

I owned a RC Engineering SOHC 750 Honda, a real beast.
Later a Z1 with a 1100cc RC stroker kit, scary bike!

Ed :)

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
God Speed Russ....an icon in the racing world.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Another legend gone. Had some RC stuff in the early 80's Great stuff by the way. Also know a couple of guys from milwaukee that bought a v8 yamaha from him with two 1100 cylinders. What a mind RIP.

·
Registered
14,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Russ

yes;
Russ is a legend and I'm going to miss him

I think the thing he was proudest of wasn't the records.......

it was his 2 NHRA Best Engineered Awards......the car guys gave him that, for his bikes, wrap your head around that

I worked on Sorcerer....it held the record for 11 years

not the best video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am1GNfR5b7U

when Elmer broke his record......his comment was "He's using the same clutch, transmission and tire......Damn, he's got traction figured out"

Elmer's 1st pass against a 199+ record?

220......I think he got it to 226MPH that same day:jsm:

here's his son's bike I built that held the National Record for 13 years;

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Ks1nvgWvSfA/hqdefault.jpg

Jr. let me make the 1st pass.....down the next block from my house...... I came back and said it was slow.......the mechanic forgot to put oil in it:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

my neighbors love me....there are speed bumps is the next bock....and today the radar trailer:jerkoff:

·
Registered
14,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
knock on the door this morning......

it's RC Jr he drove up from San Diego to bring me a signed poster of the Triple and Sorcerer now I need to frame it....

RIP my Friend

Russ rode a motorcycle 30 days ago...

his daughter a Navy Commander and Doctor was at the hospital, she looked at Russ' test results and called RC Jr......"get on a plane right now...."
RC Jr was ready to board the plane and another call...."too late.....Dad is gone"

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Noel that is sad news, I was a young boy picking up my copy of the UK MotorCycle news and readabout Russ many times, the grainy photos of his bikes were like something out of this world.How the help he ever rode those things I cannot imagine.

A real mans man.

jimboF4

1 - 9 of 9 Posts