MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a PM from another local owner suggesting a get together for a ride or meet and greet of some sort. I figured I would start a thread to gauge interest and maybe figure out a location date, ride or just meet and greet etc. So if you are interested, post up!

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Wow..

I think Dom might have taken me along the Mosquito Road, but I’m not 100% sure..

You guys have so many nice places over there, that you’re spoilt for choice.

We rode over the Sierra Nevada pass to Yosemite and almost froze our balls off coming back the other side..

The road around Lake Tahoe was beautiful and so was the ride up to Kirkwood.. Had one of the best burgers and fries I’ve ever eaten in my life at Zach Kirkwood’s Old cabin..

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Rob,

I know 4 guys in the area on F4's that would be up for it.....but are not on this forum. There is another guy in truckie that is on this forum that would also be game....I have his screen name in my PM's somewhere. If he doesn't see this thread in the next day or two I'll PM him.

Where you on 80 today heading towards reno near the antelope or auburn exit? if not it was probably anthony.

One meet up idea could be the A&S Ducati Hot Italian nights downtown....to shoot the shit and pick a day and a route to ride

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rob,

I know 4 guys in the area on F4's that would be up for it.....but are not on this forum. There is another guy in truckie that is on this forum that would also be game....I have his screen name in my PM's somewhere. If he doesn't see this thread in the next day or two I'll PM him.

Where you on 80 today heading towards reno near the antelope or auburn exit? if not it was probably anthony.

One meet up idea could be the A&S Ducati Hot Italian nights downtown....to shoot the shit and pick a day and a route to ride
Probably me. I headed up and did the mosquito ridge loop today. Somewhere between 10 and 11 am?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Road up with Tom and Kevin through Fiddletown to Cooks Station on HWY 88 for breakfast. (good food at Cooks).
The road was shaded and pretty cool today.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Let's Ride

You can count me in. I know that Ryan will go too. We just got back from the ride in L.A. and we had a blast. It's great fun getting the group together. I was even thinking on the way home, that Northern CA could put on an even better ride then LA. When it gets down to it, all they have is the Santa Monica mountains and the Angels Crest area. We on the other hand, have more cool roads then you could ride in 3 life times. (I'm going to try anyway.)
So let's put a preliminary ride & see if we can think up the perfect ride. Maybe we can get the annual ride to be moved up here for a change.
The Ducati "Sport Classic" club will have a ride in Lake Tahoe the weekend before the GP. Anyone is welcome, so we could use that as a chance to check out some new roads. With Lake Tahoe being so popular, it would be easier to get people from the south to ride there. One possibility is to ride to Yosemite and spend the night. Then ride back the next day.
Whatever you decide, I'm in!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm in Rocklin, your shops off 50....not sure where Rob and anthony are....Fred's in elk grove....alex and edurado are off 80.....I guess it depends on where we want to ride and who is going.....if we go up 50 your shop would work well as a meet up. If it's up 80 maybe A&S might work. I'm guessing both tuna and ryan are in sac.

The foresthill ride might be nice and old auburn might be good for lunch.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
It's going to be hot on Sunday.
I usually start early and ride areas that have decent shade and elevation. We should start at 8:30 at the latest.

Wentworth/ Ice house is open now. It is fairly cool once you get past Georgetown. The ponly downside is the cops may be out. We could meet in Georgetown if we do this ride.

The ride through Fiddletown is shaded from Latrobe all the way up to Cook's station on 88. 88 can take us to Tahoe or we can cut across the Morman Emigrant Gap Trail to HWY 50. No cops until you get to 88. We should meet at Motowheels or Bella Bru next to Raleys on El Dorado Hills Blvd for this ride.

I'm open to any ride.

-M

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Guys, I am in Natomas. I need to put my stock ECU in for the ride, which shouldn't take a minute. But I have already paid my 2010 road use tax at WWS so I probably should ride in a less conspicuous area. If we get an early start that would probably be for the best, but I could also do a Monday ride as well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts