MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

We are leaving now for the Sachsenring! Have a nice wekend - and nice races.

46 GO!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Rossi 11th after qualifying, studying the lap charts he's got real good race pace, it just looks as if the M1 will not work with qualifying tyres, ah well, if they all survive turn 1 it could be another Rossi charge from the back, Oh, Iv'e decided we all need to get together and get Pedrossa a charisma transplant, he could make Formula 1 appear exciting........................

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Woooaahhhhhhh guys!!!!

Just came back from the Sachsenring. This race was unbelivable. Valentino rocks! One of the best performances of Valentino ever. He is a real racer - no qualifier :yo:
We all could not belive, what we have seen... Vale overtook one by one and always near our stand - great! And it was a great battle with Melandri - the only one who could defy Vale a little bit :) GO!!!!!!!! 46

Some pics:

some of the guys (Melandri/Tamada/Kenny/Nicky/Pedrosa):

Capirex/Valentino:

Kenny:

Desmosedici (gorgeous sound :naughty: )

Valentino:

... celebrating:

Sorry for the bad quality... but couldn´t do better :bash:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Superb race......Laguna next, did I metion we were going????? :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
He (Valentino) is still top dog.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Rossi and Jerry Burgess seem to be having problems setting the M1 Yamaha up, again Rossi said they made changes before the warm up and before the race, not the ideal situation.
They are going to have to get this sorted, he can't keep coming from the forth row and getting on the rostrum, eventually it will go pear shaped, Jerry Burgess said the fear was a front runner (presumably Pebrobot) would just clear off and be un-catchable, but, huge respect for Rossi we need to enjoy him and his antics before he hangs his leathers up, it certainly won't be a better series when he has gone :wave: ..............

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Watched it down south here in Tassie - fantastic racing!

I just want to hear an MV race sometime.

Recently went to Mallala in South Australia for the Australian Superbike Championships and the two bikes that stood out sound-wise were a Ducati and a new 675 Triumph. All the rest sounded ok (Jap stuff!) I just would like to see a few MV's race and compare the difference to the metric bikes.

Love my MV 1000!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
From another Aussie, we are really watching something special in Rossi, just quite unbelievable. All the others are pushing him hard though but he is just such a racer he simply will allways go for a win, not just points. If he has some good luck he will win again this year. All the racers especially the italians have huge support down here. As for the sound if you have not been to a GP you simply must go. The sound is incredible, the Ducati sounds like a drag car at idle, scary stuff. Your pictures of the Race makes us all jealous, but keep them coming you guys in Europe. As for USA Laguna Seca will be sensational also. Let's see if Casey Stoner can stay on for a change.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Gazman, welcome.
I've seen many times MV racing on STK and SBK in Italy. Curiously, even with different exhaust, they sound "softer" than Jap bikes. They're the most silenced ones but as Ducati (as Greg said, they ROAR) you recognize that sound before you see it ;)

Lots of people tells me that my MV sounds exactly like a Ferrari :smoking:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! Flaming and odonata!

I let a friend ride mine the other day just so I could hear him pass me and it sounded nice but too quiet. I'll be doing something to the exhaust soon, probably replace the cat first. I went riding with the local Italian bike club two weeks ago and it was great to ride with another MV, there were about 30 to 40 bikes but only 1 brutale and 2 MV's. Four MV's in all of Tasmania, except one guy up the north of the state has 5 of the various models but I don't think he rides them just a collector!
I've had the MV 6 months and every weekend I take it out just to hear the sound!! Fantastic but it doesn't pull as well as the GSXR in top gear from 60k's onwards, have to change down a gear or two, the 600 is such a tractable bike! But when it does start to go ..... AAARGH! I just hang on!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts