MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the spring rating for the Sachs shock on a '08 R312? It seems way oversprung for my weight (160lbs.)

Also, does anyone know who sells and/or rebuilds Sachs shocks?

Thanks.

848SD

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Just a suggestion: Stick an aftermarket shock in there. Quite a few to choose from.
If I was to guess at the spring rate I'd say 1.05 newtons / mm. The Senna and Tamburini have a higher spec Sachs shock and that's what they have as standard.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a suggestion: Stick an aftermarket shock in there. Quite a few to choose from.
If I was to guess at the spring rate I'd say 1.05 newtons / mm. The Senna and Tamburini have a higher spec Sachs shock and that's what they have as standard.
Besides the Ohlins TTX, what do you all recommend as replacement for the Sachs shock?

Thanks,

848SD

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Besides the Ohlins TTX, what do you all recommend as replacement for the Sachs shock?

Thanks,

848SD
Personally I'm on an Ohlins PBX 46 (Everyone knows that the TTX is only for bling merchants and girls) with a 9.5 spring, possibly you could get down to Mc Donald's for a few Mega MoFu Double cheeseburgers to soften the rear out a bit.

:mouthwate

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
sachs springs

848SD;
the sachs shock uses a 160mm spring
the ohlins series 1091 springs are 160mm
their rates are from 54-110 N/mm, they are available from ohlins or PartsUnlimited dealers

Noel-theknurl

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Contact Lee at Traxxion. They sell Penske shocks which are some of the best. He can custom fit you for about $750. Just google Traxxion.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
848SD;
the sachs shock uses a 160mm spring
the ohlins series 1091 springs are 160mm
their rates are from 54-110 N/mm, they are available from ohlins or PartsUnlimited dealers

Noel-theknurl
Thank you. I looked up springs in the part Unlimited catalog, but could not identify one that that fits purely based on what the catalog told me (i.e. fits this bike, this spring rate) as they list anything for MVs. What bike model would be comparable?

Thanks.

848SD

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Contact Lee at Traxxion. They sell Penske shocks which are some of the best. He can custom fit you for about $750. Just google Traxxion.
Thank you, I will check them out as well. My local racing hero/mechanic Jeremy Toye, recommended Penskes instead of Ohlins.

I wanted to re-spring the shock first as I really don't know how good that shock can be. Maybe it is a pretty decent shock for my riding once it is sprung properly.

848SD

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Personally I'm on an Ohlins PBX 46 (Everyone knows that the TTX is only for bling merchants and girls) with a 9.5 spring, possibly you could get down to Mc Donald's for a few Mega MoFu Double cheeseburgers to soften the rear out a bit.

:mouthwate
Hey Ade,

I can't find the PBX 46 in their catalog, only the blingy MV788. Can you point me to it?

848SD

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
spring or shock

848SD;
do you want a spring or a shock?
the Ohlins springs fit the Sachs and are readily available
go to a suspension company.....
like Racetech they have an online suspension calculator but NO MV Agusta, so email Matt;
[email protected]
he should be able to tell you the correct spring rates for your body weight

Noel-theknurl

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been ta;king to the guys at Traxxion about a Penske 8983. Apparently Penske is telling them they only have the specs for the Brutale and not for the F4, so they would need an F4 shock or the specs for it in order to build me one.

That doesn't sound right. And aren't the shocks interchangeable between the Brutale and F4?

Thanks,

848SD

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
The setup would be different even if the physical size is the same. They send them to you ready to go. Send them your shock and find out. Someone has to go first.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Maybe someone who has been around the F4 longer than I can tell me what the reputation of the Sachs shock is. How is it compared to an Ohlins or a Penske? Can it be adjusted to be less harsh? Who is the tuning expert for the Sachs shock? For normal riding circumstances would it be a waste to spend money on an aftermarket shock?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The setup would be different even if the physical size is the same. They send them to you ready to go. Send them your shock and find out. Someone has to go first.
I don't know whether that is the case. Ohlins uses the same MV788 (if I remember the model number correctly) for both the Brutale and the F4.

--Rey

1 - 15 of 15 Posts