MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 1078 F4 has a red spring on the rear sachs shock, is thisnstd as most I see are yellow? Has someone changed the spring rate in the past?

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
I have always seen them in yellow. Maybe someone with greater knowledge than I can weigh in on this.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
My 2009 1078 F4 has a red spring on the rear sachs shock, is thisnstd as most I see are yellow? Has someone changed the spring rate in the past?

I have spare Sachs here in both yellow and one in red. Be good to positively id the things..

Joe

·
Vendor
5,406 Posts
Mine is Yellow being the same model as yours.Someone has been playing.:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm thought so, I will have to try and see if there are any marks on it. Bike seems to ride well though.

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
?

most likely the spring has been replaced......

take the sbock to a race car prep shop they'll have the press to remove the spring

and should have the tool to measure the spring rate......call around

if you want to go up or down in rate Öhlins springs are easy to find

:popcorn:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
most likely the spring has been replaced......

take the sbock to a race car prep shop they'll have the press to remove the spring

and should have the tool to measure the spring rate......call around

if you want to go up or down in rate Öhlins springs are easy to find

CHeers, when I have some funds and if I find the ride terrible, and sag checks look like I have it totally wrong the shock can got to MCT for a rebuild. Or I wait for a TTX to turn up on ebay!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Springs

My 312 came with e red spring which was much too stiff for my 90plus kilos.
They all should have a value stamped or printed somewhere. I have 7 rear springs and all have the value on them.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
?

Frank;
Sachs springs are not marked

Öhlins are

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep no marks on mine I could see...

Would the unscientific test of how easily I can compress the rear help me determine if its too hard. Guess I will have to buy the factory ride height too and get my sag from that, so we all know where I am coming from. grr more money. Stll the bike rides well for what I know so far about its handling.

·
Super Moderator
22,618 Posts
There are those of us who lend ride height tools to members who pay shipping back and forth....

·
Registered
503 Posts
im located just outside Edinburgh, most mv came with yellow there are also some with blue they did not have markings i changed the spring on my 910r simply because it felt like you were sitting on a brick i am not a heavy guy think in terms of danny pedrosa so went for a softer spring but all riders are different.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im located just outside Edinburgh, most mv came with yellow there are also some with blue they did not have markings i changed the spring on my 910r simply because it felt like you were sitting on a brick i am not a heavy guy think in terms of danny pedrosa so went for a softer spring but all riders are different.
Hi, and nice to hear of another MV owner up north! I don't fidnd the ride too hard and weigh 82kg. I played with the fast and soft rebound and that helped it out.

Do you use perth MV out of interest? I will be at the MCN show with the bike in March, based on the Royal British Legion Stand come say hi if you go.

Alex

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi alex i have been to perth mv but tend to maintain my bike myself that is how i learned i did once have a problem and went to perth but talking to them i came to the conclusion that they had no better knowledge than i did about the problem i had, i fixed it myself with tips from this site. went to perth to see about another mv brutale after my accident this year did not like the 920 ride height was to high for me ended up getting a 910s instead with 4000 miles on and for the right price i wanted to pay.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you can read the post in the general section under had a misfortune
Thanks for the heads up about Perth, and I will do most work myself too and especially as a little research is normally more than the dealer would do anyway!

I hope you enojoy the new 910, I would like a Bruatle myself one day.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts