MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even before I got my bike, I read several posts here explaining that "S" mode was full power and "normal" mode for slippery conditions. I always hatted the fact that bellow 5,000 RPM the F4 was always "dead" and the power was not very linear between 5000-8000 rpm. On the way home, I decided to try Normal mode, I was expecting a drop in power; couldn't be further from the truth. The bike is amazing fast right from 2000 rpm up and dead smooth, go figure. Have you tried you bike in "normal" mode? is it possible that my maps were loaded in reverse? The lack of power bellow 5000 seem to indicate that...

your impressions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does anyone know what the actual HP output difference is between "S" mode and Normal mode? I know the Panigale 1199 has this documented all over the place but couldn't find this info for the F4...

Thanks

·
Registered
661 Posts
I believe the variation is in the Torque between modes, that is the closest reference I have read. HP, I don't know, but there is mention on it on the brochure: ** Limited power versions available on demand
I use normal mode and it is just fine for city and run-in. I imagine Sport should reveal the monster in this machine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's interesting. My experience is the exact opposite. When I have in S mode the front tire in 1st and 2nd comes off the ground much more abruptly and sooner than if S mode off.

·
Registered
661 Posts
S has got to be more animalistic than normal IMO. In the Panigale, Race, as they call, opens up all kinds of crazy, I'm surprised the bike can hold together in that mode, haha. Traction control comes into play too so make sure reduced power feeling is not caused by TC.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I have a F3 which has 4 engine settings. S sport, N normal, R rain & C custom. Around town you tend to ride 3,000 to 5,000 rpm range whilst when playing (or on the track) the rpm are heaps higher. These settings adjust the engine mapping to suit the riding you are doing to make the bike 'more ridable'. The mapping adjustments covers a variety of things such as throttle response, fuel delivery, oxygen delivery, peak torque/rpm etc.

So, if riding around town use N, if playing use S, if wet use R. This means regularly changing the settings for the conditions or getting used to poor rideability in some conditions but great in others. The F4 and the Panigale will be similar to the F3.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm believing I get the opposite.....When I use "S" mode i believe I get a smoother and more powerful "experience"...so it's been there for a while now :) !!!

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
Get a Bazzaz or PC V and take it to a dyno turner and have a custom map built. N and S doesn't really matter bits the fueling maps that are built for your specific bike and conditions. I have a mv coarse headers, Bodis titanium slip on with mid pipe, Bazzaz and custo map with some fresh michelin power ones 2ct and pick a gear. 1-4 I can bring the front wheel up with ease and ride that butch out!!!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
661 Posts
Get a Bazzaz or PC V and take it to a dyno turner and have a custom map built. N and S doesn't really matter bits the fueling maps that are built for your specific bike and conditions. I have a mv coarse headers, Bodis titanium slip on with mid pipe, Bazzaz and custo map with some fresh michelin power ones 2ct and pick a gear. 1-4 I can bring the front wheel up with ease and ride that butch out!!!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Now I hope this isn't referring to an MV F4?? :stickpoke

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a F3 which has 4 engine settings. S sport, N normal, R rain & C custom. Around town you tend to ride 3,000 to 5,000 rpm range whilst when playing (or on the track) the rpm are heaps higher. These settings adjust the engine mapping to suit the riding you are doing to make the bike 'more ridable'. The mapping adjustments covers a variety of things such as throttle response, fuel delivery, oxygen delivery, peak torque/rpm etc.

So, if riding around town use N, if playing use S, if wet use R. This means regularly changing the settings for the conditions or getting used to poor rideability in some conditions but great in others. The F4 and the Panigale will be similar to the F3.
Very good explanation. Now throw in the tuning advice from dagmvagusta and you have all the information you need.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts