MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rizoma rearsets installed

Since my wife forbade me to ride my mototcycle today :cry: after my bicycle accident last Tuesday, I had a chance to install my Rizoma rearsets today. I did get to ride it down the block to make the needed adjustments :) . I did not expect the bike to shift differently, but it does. It actually seems a lot smoother and has a more positive response. Maybe this is the result of now having a linkage to the shifting bolt rather than have the shifter bolt directly on (although this seems counter intuitive). But it defintely feels better. The only problem I had is that the on the brake side, the rear healguard rests righ up against the exhaust heatshield. You can see this in one of the pics. I also got the new Rizoma mirrors adjusted. They simply rock!!! Excellent visibility and they look near stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, and I cleaned and lubed the chain after the install while I had the bike on the stand. So don't get on me for that!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
odonata said:
very nice... I think these new men jewelry turn out to be the best therapy for your wounds :)

congrats, the bike looks ravishing!

and dudue, you've got BALLS!;)
LOL!!
Yeah, the result of having three kids. I no matter how many times I organize that side of the garage, it always looks like a tornado hit it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
odonata said:
...and please clean your bling mirrors!!
Right you are! I'll get out there in a few minutes to do that. No doubt that happened while getting them adjusted.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sweet! Mine are in a box home (along with tons-o-CF) waiting to be put on!!!

As far as the part hitting the exhaust, looks like a few washers will shim it out or a minute on the bench grinder to shave some off.

I'll let you know how my install goes.

Oh, yeah Tony, while your home healing, how about putting a coat of paint on the inside of those garage doors!! :stickpoke :stickpoke

John T

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
looks awsome.....i just got done waxing my bike myself......i will be getting my new windscreen sometime around thursday....hoping to dispurse some of the direct airflow to the helmet from the stock screen

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
That's so sweet....I woulda went with silver instead, as the black kinda clashes with the flat black.....so sick though.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Tasty :smoking:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oicdn said:
That's so sweet....I woulda went with silver instead, as the black kinda clashes with the flat black.....so sick though.

Me too, but they don't offer these in silver. If you go to the Rizoma site they only have black and both pics on the carpimoto site show black as well, even though one of the options is silver.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
airfuel said:
Oh, yeah Tony, while your home healing, how about putting a coat of paint on the inside of those garage doors!! :stickpoke :stickpoke

John T
Wise ass. I will never introduce you to my wife!
Actually, I have been putting off painting those doors because I will be replacing them along with the garage door openers very soon. They are VERY old and don't function properly any more. Just like me!!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
airfuel said:
Sweet! Mine are in a box home (along with tons-o-CF) waiting to be put on!!!

As far as the part hitting the exhaust, looks like a few washers will shim it out or a minute on the bench grinder to shave some off.

I'll let you know how my install goes.

John T
John, on the topic of CF, where did you order yours from? I am going to get a hugger and thought the carbon tail section on your bike looked outstanding.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
More bling!

My Emoto shipment arrived today, just installed some pieces. CF quality is top notch! Very nice weave and color. Fitment was perfect.

Order with ease from these folks, nice to work with.
I'll try the Rizomas tomorrow, I like the black against the 910R's silver...blends in nicely with the dark theme of the R.

Tailpiece is an original MV corse piece.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts