MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anybody has had the same problem.
Early last week i noticed the bike sounding funny. Like it was running on 3cylinders.Then everything fine.At first i thought i had bad fuel.
But now i'm not to sure. As the bike starts off fine, after around 5kms( running temp) of riding it, it starts to lose revs and sounds like its running on 3cylinders.taking it to the shop next week. So no riding. Could it be bad fuel in the fuel filter, spark plugs.
Help. :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Fuel filter or spark plugs is surely the easiest thing to check to start with. Could also be an injector problem I guess, although you would hope that would be more consistent. Possibly air filter, although I think that would just be general sluggishness. For what you describe, I think you're right about either the fuel filter or the plugs.

Could be lots of other stuff too though, wiring, ecu, chip itself, coil...

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
ddmv said:
I'm wondering if anybody has had the same problem.
Early last week i noticed the bike sounding funny. Like it was running on 3cylinders.Then everything fine.At first i thought i had bad fuel.
But now i'm not to sure. As the bike starts off fine, after around 5kms( running temp) of riding it, it starts to lose revs and sounds like its running on 3cylinders.taking it to the shop next week. So no riding. Could it be bad fuel in the fuel filter, spark plugs.
Help. :stickpoke
What bike are we talking about?? :confused:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
ddmv said:
F1000s 05 model.
Ok, we have had this issue before with ddnuts's bike, I'll try and expalin quickly how part of it works and what was up with ddnuts's AGO.

The anti hop thing works by injecting number two cylinder with fuel and air on the over-run, the air comes from a solenoid valve alongside the LH frame tube, the fuel comes from a signal from the ecu, unfortuantely this signal also goes to another injector (number 3 cylinder I think) if this was left it would flood cylinder 3, so there is a little black box up on the LH frame tube just behind the headstock-it's matchbox sized, this takes the 12v off number 3 injector when told to by the ecu, so there are no volts/current for the ecu to earth and fire number 3 injector, clever eh? but over complex, hence the new ecu on the R

It sounds very much like this is you problem, hope this helps sort it :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much for your help in this mikef4uk. :)
Am i doing any damage by riding the bike?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
ddmv said:
Thanks very much for your help in this mikef4uk. :)
Am i doing any damage by riding the bike?
If it is what I am saying I would'nt think so, you could always try unplugging the black box and giving the contacts a squirt of WD40 type stuff, it's attached to the LH frame tube about an inch away from the headstock, pretty close to the cylinder head and water outlet from the engine, just held there by one of those rubber clips :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts